The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Haven't heard the album yet, but my 13yo has played nothing but that since Friday, so I'm sure I'll have to very soon just to keep up with what she's banging on about, but I really enjoyed this one they released last month or so.

Great chorus.

it's ear worm for sure.

Speaking of a very modern mixing of styles that'll stick in your brain whether you want it too or not, anyone heard Scene Queen? the new song takes aim at the nonceing going on in the pop-punk scene in the most adsurdly catchy way imaginable. 

2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

I listened to this just last week after going through bands announced for 2000 Trees. It's absolutely bonkers and I'm not sure if actually works but I'm 100% going to watch them.

I didn't realise they were going to be at 2000 Trees. That's great news. I'm definitely going to check their set out - I reckon it'll be great. I last saw the main guy about ten years ago with his band The Bots at Hevy Fest. My mate was their drum tech and he was barely out of school at the time.

2 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I've been on a nu-metal rediscovery recently, and even the worse, laziest, most immature meathead nu-metal had more to offer than any of Crazytown's material.

Besides, OPM are better.

They were shit too mind. But they sampled Janes Addiction whereas Crazytown sampled RHCP, so OPM get the win

I once saw OPM play in one of my local pubs in about 2004 and they played 'Heaven Is a Halfpipe' about third in their set. They ended up playing it a second time a couple of songs later as everyone was leaving. Same thing happened when I saw Electric Six. They played 'Gay Bar' twice to try and get people to stay after they all started leaving due to hearing the famous song that everyone knew.