The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ah, aiming for that ā€œMore Money Than Senseā€ Cochella crowd eh?

Pretty much,Ā 

We had a cursory glance at pricing it up and it's just not do-able on any sort of normal budget.Ā 

Metal for the Instagram generation sadly.Ā 

41 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

What does that mean?

Rather that being a reference to the bands themselves, who obviously all predate Instagram, I took it to mean that itā€™s an event for people that want to be seen at the show ā€œgetting contentā€, rather than wanting to see the show itself.

Although I could be way off in my assessment there as Iā€™m not a super instagram influencer thing

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Merzbow said:

What does that mean?

Ā 

9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Rather that being a reference to the bands themselves, who obviously all predate Instagram, I took it to mean that itā€™s an event for people that want to be seen at the show ā€œgetting contentā€, rather than wanting to see the show itself.

Ā 

Exactly this.Ā 

I know that makes me seem like some sort of "metal gatekeeper" but a quick glance at the previous Coachella crowds (like when GNR played a few years back) will prove my point.Ā 

Edited by martyngnr

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The reunited Biohazard have announced 3 extra dates while theyā€™re over here in August for the week after Bloodstock:

15/8 - Wolverhampton KKā€™s Steel Mill
16/8 - Manchester Club Academy
17/8 - London O2 Academy (Islington)

@Devon Malcolm could go and see if Evan Seinfeld still bears a grudge.Ā 

Last night I saw a post-punk x jazzy noise rock band I think a few here would dig, The Courtesy Group. My mate called them Brainbombs mixed with Stewart Lee but I thought they were more like The Fall, but definitely have that very funny and charismatic if off kilter frontman/poet. A proper brummie band.

Weird gig tho, started with harsh techno then noise with a very pretty live visual showing to ambient then these guys.

This was all after a sludge metal show elsewhere.

Ā 

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 12/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, King Mal the Glorious said:

Dominion Festival in Durham is shaping up very nicely indeed if you're a fan of more traditional metal:

Ā 

Looks like it's off, claiming to have sold less than 5% of the tickets.Ā 

Edit, based on a reported 5,000 capacity that's about 250 total. If true they really could advertise it as "In church hall if wet"

Edited by Tommy!