The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I don't know if anyone here is a fan of The Angelic Process but Monica aka MDragynfly passed away on her birthday in April, it was only announced yesterday. Not only are they very much a Merzbow band they're genuinely the most important metal band to me, Weighing Souls With Sand is just the most beautiful album and nothing else sounds like it.

Sorry to hear about anyone having apparently another bad experience with Slam Dunk.

With all that talk, this got announced a couple of days that might appeal to those who want to see that sort of show but not by listening to it from the Car Park

5LsIO79.jpg

Edited by WyattSheepMask

On 5/25/2023 at 8:31 PM, Merzbow said:

I was gonna post this in the song of the day thread but didn't want to stink it up with metal.. but I'm only just now finding out how good Mad Capsule Markets were outside of "Pulse". I wish more nu-metal was digital hardcore based like the later era of these guys.

Love me some Markets. 

Digidogheadlock, Osc Dis, 010 and Cistm Konfliqt are all worth a listen.

• Paid Members
On 5/31/2023 at 1:09 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Love me some Markets. 

Digidogheadlock, Osc Dis, 010 and Cistm Konfliqt are all worth a listen.

Yeah great band and sadly forgotten on these shores. It wasn't easy to come about Mad Capsule Markets info back when they had their little break over here with Osc Dis but I was quite surpised find out after the fact just how much music they'd made prior to Pulse becoming a bit of a Kerrang! TV staple.

Mad Capsule Markets were never my thing, although I would say that ‘All The Time In Sunny Beach’ was quite fun and ‘Tribe’ was nice and heavy for the time, but I can remember them being considered the greatest thing ever in the history of ever amongst some of our college group based solely on the fact they were Japanese. Anything from Japan was instantly 5 Stars (6 if it was something from Tokyo Dome) to some of our group. This was around the time people were seeing Ring and Battle Royale for the first time

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Rumour mill has kicked up that he's off back to Anthrax which sits fine with me. Not in to Volbeat at all but got to see them for free at Nottingham arena with Skindred and Napalm Death. Caggianno was definitely a highlight though, brilliant guitar player. Side story, my mate who I was there withs aunt was seated and smugly told me after the show that Rob was stood behind me whilst I was losing my shit during Napalm.

So apparently Download is suffering similar traffic problems to what Slam Dunk did a few weeks ago, with miles of tailbacks reported (some estimate them to be about 8 miles).

It seems odd for them to suddenly develop this problem having run the same site year in year out for 20 years. Either they changed something they shouldn’t have or they’ve underestimated how much of a draw Metallica still are

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It's the first year the weekend has ever sold out. I remember how busy it was onsite the last time Metallica played (or when ACDC played). Fuck that for a whole weekend, the bar & food queues will be brutal.