The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was just booking my taxi (because I live close enough to not be bothered camping as I've not been well for a few months) and noticed an "awaiting replacement" on clash finder so was about to ask what the deal was with that.

As ever any recommendations to not miss are welcome; I know Megadave, Ugly Kid Joe and Killswitch Engage (and did know Helloween). I think I've heard of In Flames and Celtic Frost.

1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

I was just booking my taxi (because I live close enough to not be bothered camping as I've not been well for a few months) and noticed an "awaiting replacement" on clash finder so was about to ask what the deal was with that.

As ever any recommendations to not miss are welcome; I know Megadave, Ugly Kid Joe and Killswitch Engage (and did know Helloween). I think I've heard of In Flames and Celtic Frost.

Gatecreeper are fun moshy death metal, Employed To Serve are ace modern hardcore that verge heavily in to metal and Zetra are worth catching at least once, not exactly heavy but a great visual treat and they play some lovely gothy shoegaze.

9 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Heaven Shall Burn are a big one for me as I’ve never had the chance to see them before.

Frozen Soul (Thursday - Sophie Stage) have just put a very acclaimed new album, Witchsorrow (Friday - Main Stage) are very good, Pest Control (Friday - Sophie stage) are gaining traction.

Gaerea (Friday - Sophie Stage, slight clash with first 15 mins of In Flames) are an up & coming group, as are Urne (Saturday - Main Stage). 
Tribulation (Sunday - Main Stage) put out a very good album a couple of years back as well as a solid EP earlier this year, then you’ve got Sepultura (Sunday - Main Stage) who have really come into their in recent years and are o w of the best live acts you’ll see all weekend. Triptykon (Saturday - Main Stage) playing a Celtic Frost set will be worth watching 

Ofnus (Sunday - New Blood Stage) have potential to do well, and I’m really looking forward to Biohazard (Sunday - Sophie Stage*) who are on a reunion tour right and seem to be really enjoying it

* That’s where they are right now, but I think they could get bumped to the Main to fill the gap left by Helloween