The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Just seen that King810 are playing tomorrow. I was obsessed with their first album and went to their first UK show. Then they just sort of disappeared and exited my life as quickly as they entered it

Are they any good these days? They were awesome live (albeit that was a few years ago now) so maybe give them a look

Edited by waters44

2 hours ago, waters44 said:

Just seen that King810 are playing tomorrow. I was obsessed with their first album and went to their first UK show. Then they just sort of disappeared and exited my life as quickly as they entered it

Are they any good these days? They were awesome live (albeit that was a few years ago now) so maybe give them a look

Are they that nu-metal band that had blokes in balaclavas and machine guns on stage? Last I heard of them the singer was storming the capital.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, waters44 said:

No idea, but I saw King810's first Bloodstock show and it was an experience, really intense performance.

I'm headed to Bloodstock tomorrow, only doing a day. I'm pretty much going to park myself in front of the main stage. I've been to Bloodstock 13 times now I think and there's not one band on the main stage Friday i've seen play there before which is pretty mad. 

Wouldn't mind catching Zetra and Pest Control over on the second stage too, but it'll depend on how the clashes look.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Are they that nu-metal band that had blokes in balaclavas and machine guns on stage? Last I heard of them the singer was storming the capital.

Yeah that sounds like them, bunch of tough guys. Lead singer storming the capital is a shame but no surprise at all

Bloodstock have announced the first batch of bands for 2024.

Atchitects headline Saturday, Amon Amarth headline Sunday, then there's Clutch, MALEVOLENCE, Rotting Christ, Flogging Molly, Unleash The Archers, The Night Flight Orchestra, SEPTICFLESH, GREEN LUNG, France’s Igorrr, Korpiklaani, Hellripper, Infected Rain.

Bit meh so far. Malev are great but this'll be their third time in four years I think.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members

Cracking day at Bloodstock Friday. Sun was out, cider was flowing, lovely stuff.

In Flames were the band of the day, They probably should have headlined. Great set, great sound.

I'll be going again next year, probably a day again but i'll definitely be there at some point. Just a great time.

Back and showered from Bloodstock

Sepultura were fucking amazing as seems to be now customary, and managed to get on the barrier for Biohazard which was incredible and look forward to doing that again on Wednesday night.

Other highlights over the weekend for me were Heaven Shall Burn, who I can finally cross off the list, Abbath was an experience and Dave Mustaine getting pissy about being upstaged early on by an inflatable Unicorn.

Rain stayed away more or less completely until this morning and I’ve come home a new shade of red, but a great weekend all round.

o6TtbO8.jpg

If I never see that ‘Black Sabbath - Live Evil: Expanded Edition’ promo ever again it’ll be too soon though