The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Some absolutely deviating news coming out the weekend is that a man in his 20s has died on the campsite. An ambulance Was blue lighting past where we were camping at the time stated so it can’t have been far away from us (we were towards the back of Ironwood). Awful news and thoughts to his family

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-66499527

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed Saturday, I stayed at main stage (apart from nipping off for a tattoo (my first) and missing crowbar) and enjoyed the lot. Someone was surprisingly great fun, knocked loose possibly, had a great time larking about to them and then chilled out during abbath who I enjoyed despite some initial reservations when I saw them, and sort of Celtic frost who were great.

Friday I enjoyed Wytch hazel, my sort of thing, and had a great time down the front for gate creeper. Scared Reich were my highlight though, who I had heard stuff from but didn't know it was them, as the music was great and I could run about too. In flames were great but I pissed off during KsE, not my thing so I got a few beers and chilled at the back.

Sundays a bit hazy in the morning but KK priest was good, ugly kid joe was great and I know it's not very cool because he's a bit of a nob but Megadeath were great fun and I managed to sneak down the front for the finale when it didn't matter if I fucked my knees up being stupid or knackered myself lifting people out.

Also the cask beer choice was great for this sort of event between the Oakham bar, Timothy Taylor bars and main bar.

• Paid Members

any Guns N' Roses fans here seen Steven Adler's band that are currently touring around the States. A video popped up randomly in my youtube feed. They sound great! The vocalist is tremendous. I remember Adler used to tour over with his random bands years ago and i'd love to go see this iteration if they come over.

Absolute shitcunts. They never acknowledged any of what happened last year when most of the bands dropped off of one of their shows (Hammerfest maybe?) because they owe a bunch of bands money and instead keep churning out shows because most people don't know what they're like and just go "Oooh, GBH" or whatever and fork out their £10 booking fee for their free tickets.

Has anyone else listened to the new Urne album (A Feast On Sorrow)?

Ive had it playing most of the week and am really enjoying it. You can tell that Joe Duplantier was involved in the making of it. Not quite the same tone as a Gojira album, but the band sound absolutely massive compared to their debut (which is also excellent by the way

• 2 weeks later...

First bands confirmed for Fortress Festival 2024:

Falls of Rauros - European debut/UK Exclusive

Panopticon - performing ‘Roads To The North’ and a UK Exclusive

Lamp of Murmuur - UK Exclusive 

Furia - UK Exclusive

Sunken - performing ‘Livsled’

Blackbraid - UK Debut/ Exclusive

Abyssal

Fellwarden - Live debut, possibly only show ever

Obsidian Kingdom - performing ‘Mantiis’