The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Seems plausible. Biohazard confirmed a few Euro festivals last week, as I mentioned earlier Dino seemed to self confirm FF, and Download was always going to be the show that got Pantera back over here. Not that I’d watch them any way, fuck Phil Anselmo and Zakk Wylde.

If those are the three headline acts then you couldn’t pay me enough to watch one of them, nevermind all three.

Oh, and Royal “we play rock music” Blood can get fucked too

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Yeah that's a piss run of headliners, though I suppose it's technically a forward foot for a festival that's been maligned for years for not pushing acts up the card in favour of the dinosaurs. QOTSA, Fall out Boy and Avenged Sevenfold shouldn't be seen as a forward foot, I know. But it's the landscape. It's probably a net positive that they've realised they can fill Donington without an Iron Maiden or Metallica in one of the slots. 

Also if that is the real poster, I know it's probably the logos the bands are currently using, but it looks extra rubbish that two of the headliners are using variants of comic-sans!

19 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Them headlining twice(?) before

Wow, bloody hell! I honestly didn't know that (obviously) or that they were at that level. I've always thought they were pretty shit (appreciate that's just an opinion) but they were around KSE level, ie not big enough to headline but respectable place on bill.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Wow, bloody hell! I honestly didn't know that (obviously) or that they were at that level. I've always thought they were pretty shit (appreciate that's just an opinion) but they were around KSE level, ie not big enough to headline but respectable place on bill.

I saw them headline the year the reformed Guns & Roses played. They were fucking dreadful 

44 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They're even fucking worse now if the last song I heard was anything to go by, it sounded like an AI mistake.

Yeah, someone posted in this thread I believe and that seemed to be the general consensus. They’ve always been fucking terrible, but that was a new low even by their standard.

I think I said this last year, but it’s clearly not a festival aimed at me anymore. Assuming that that is what’s being announced later (9pm is when it’s made official), out of the 78 bands listed there, there are only 6 that I would watch, and one of them I saw twice this year already. Now granted there are a lot of names there that I’ve never heard before and there will be more added closer to the time, but that will the bulk of the lineup, and a return of less than 8% sends a clear message to me that my money is meant to be spent elsewhere

Hiroshi Morie, known professionally as ‘Heath’ in X Japan has passed away aged 55

He past away last week but the news wasn’t officially confirmed by the band until now. Apparently they had intended to make an announcement in the middle of the month per Morie’s Family’s wishes, but that’s been brought forward due to news coverage in Japan

"It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of X Japan's ’s esteemed bass player Heath after his battle with colorectal cancer, on October 29th, 2023, at the age of 55. His cancer was found during an examination in June of this year. Despite his efforts to battle the disease, his condition declined suddenly in October, and he took his last breath in the hospital.”

"We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to those who cherished Heath throughout his lifetime. We, the members of X Japan have personally bid farewell to Heath, but are still deeply saddened and dismayed by his sudden loss. Individual tributes from X Japan members will be shared on Heath’s official website at heathproject.com." 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Mild bit of self-promotion but it's an absolutely stacked three day fest happening in London in January so fuck it. We (Swamp Coffin) play the Saturday because it's Fuming Mouth's first time playing over here and no fucking way was I missing the chance to see them and play a couple of bands down on the running order. Pupil Slicer, Cage Fight, Celestial Sanctuary and Cruelty should all be mega.

May be an image of text