The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Looks like they're going for a more mainstream audience this year, a killer lineup but I can see some of the more hardcore hardcore kids turning their nose up. Shame Peggy is on the Friday, I don't think I'd go all three days but I've seen him twice already.

Also, Sunn O))) in Coventry!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Hotelier playing Home, Like No Place... in full. Fucking hell. 

Who can put me up?

THURSDAY DOING A 'WAR ALL THE TIME' + 'FULL COLLAPSE' MIX?!

YOU FUCKING WHAT , MATE!?

Joyce Manor, Hot Mulligan, Soccer Mommy, Touche Amore, TWIABPAIANLATD, Hotelier, I am defo fucking considering this. If that payment plan option is still active in January then I will 100% be there.

• Paid Members

I hope Orchid's potential inclusion opens up the door for other classic screamo bands and some of the new guys in the scene like Massa Nera to come over. I've recently been getting back into that whole scene again (I never stopped listening to screamo, but I've been really digging and binging it lately), both old and new bands, and I wouldn't mind crossing Circle Takes The Square of my band bucket list. 

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'm half expecting Orchid and Dillinger Escape Plan to be announced, perfect fits and are now doing tours again.

Yeah id expect a Calculating Infinity set to top that.

As for Sunn O))) im intrigued go see them but genuinely don't know if i'd be able to stand through it. You ever seen them?

18 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

As for Sunn O))) im intrigued go see them but genuinely don't know if i'd be able to stand through it. You ever seen them?

Just the once a few years back and they were stupidly loud, my ears were fucked even with my good earplugs. I'm not in a rush to see them again but it's a rare Coventry gig so I can't say no.

The time I saw them they had Steve Moore doing a bloody trombone solo.. wasn't expecting that at all but it worked perfectly.

Anna von Hausswolff supported and did the most dancey set she could, it was great but the old metal heads looked confused.

I think they change things up on most tours so there's a new gimmick, this current one seems to be going back to a more stripped back duo again so I'm expecting just pure drone and bleeding ears.

Edited by Merzbow

What’s everyone best of list for the year then?

While I’m sure mine won’t be as cool as some people’s, these (in no particular order) are the ten that I’ve enjoyed the most this year:

Urne - A Feast of Sorrow
Bell Witch - Future’s Shadow Pt.1 - The Clandestine Gate
Afsky - Om Hendrede Ă…r
Suffocation - Hymns From The Apocrypha
Wallowing - Earth Reaper
Cannibal Corpse - Chais Horrific
Panopticon - The Rime of Memory
Blackbraid - Blackbraid II
Dying Fetus - Make Them Beg For Death
Hellripper - Warlocks Grim & Withered Hags