The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I kinda like this even though it's bad.. it's 100% stealing from both Starfuckers, Inc and Wish by Nine Inch Nails though.

See, I absolutely love Saint Agnes live and this was great at 2000 Trees last year. There's a real chaotic energy to their sets and hopefully they continue to push forward in 2024 and get a little more recognition.

They're playing down the local new metal joint this month and I was actually thinking of going, I have a soft spot for that industrial nu-metal sound.

I just want more bands that sound like Orgy, they were the best.

Maybe one for the vinyl thread but thought it might be better suited here. Are there any record shops with good metal sections in South London, the closer to New Cross the better. We're playing there on Saturday and I want to do a bit of vinyl shopping is possible. Done a google but struggling to find any recommendations. 

4 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Maybe one for the vinyl thread but thought it might be better suited here. Are there any record shops with good metal sections in South London, the closer to New Cross the better. We're playing there on Saturday and I want to do a bit of vinyl shopping is possible. Done a google but struggling to find any recommendations. 

I don’t know about South London, but Crypt of the Wizard in Hackney will probably be worth visiting if you have the time

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t know about South London, but Crypt of the Wizard in Hackney will probably be worth visiting if you have the time

It's only 20 mins on the overground from New Cross Gate to Hoxton, and then a 5 min walk (if that) to COTW, so probably only a half hour round trip not including browsing time, so it's probably as close in some ways as wandering into the deepest, darkest boltholes of the Southrons. North of the river is always better. 

A bunch of Xmal Deutschland stuff is getting reissued this year, the first European Goth band I really fell in love with due to a rawer post-punk sound. There's a lot of early looking video in the new music video that I hope comes out in full at some point too.