The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...

The Trigger's broom of metal. It'll eventually just be Corey, Mick, and Jim, with Clown sounding pretentious in interviews and pretending to direct their videos. 

I've not even bothered listening to their latest album, and I used to love them so much. They've definitely made it into that weird stratosphere where none of this shite with albums or members matters anymore though, so whatever about my opinions. 

I remember growing up during nu-metal and sort of just assuming that surely no band from that era would ever be the day's Metallica in 20 years. Fast forward 20 years later and any metal festival you go to is covered with kids wearing Slipknot t-shirts. 

• Paid Members

Slipknot are a really weird band for me in that I loved them in my nu-metal phase, liked pretty much everything they've done since and yet still wrinkle my nose a bit everytime they get bought up. I reckon it's because Mr Seven was a massive prick on here. 

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

Speaking of Fear Factory and Trigger's broom, saw them on Saturday night and they were excellent. Milo the new singer is basically a Star in Their Eyes version of Burton C. Bell but he sounds great, that's all I needed.

Edited by Egg Shen

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Speaking of Fear Factory and Trigger's broom, saw them on Saturday night and they were excellent. Milo the new singer is basically a Star in Their Eyes version of Burton C. Bell but he sounds great, that's all I needed.

I was at the gig on Saturday too! 

Thought the sounded really good, really enjoyed it. I had been drinking since lunchtime though.

I’m sure I remember Dino saying they’d be back for Download.