The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I might be down at that, just have to see how money is as I'm going to that hardcore festival with Framtid headlining around the same time. It's their first time ever in the UK and I don't know if they'll ever come back, Japanese crasher crust bands rarely if ever come over.

Edited by Merzbow

57 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Japanese crasher crust bands rarely if ever come over.

Reminds me of one of the best gigs I have ever been to, which was at The Peel (RIP) which was a whole ska bill (bear with me) 

This would've been early 2000s so it was when Spunge were quite big, although I can't remember if they played. Vanilla Pod definitely did, and they were an ace band.

But the real highlight was a Japanese ska band, who I am convinced were called Caesar Soze (pronounced like Keyser) who blitzed through about 20 songs in 10 minutes and then screamed "You are Kingston punks! We are Kingston punks!" and then disappeared never to be seen again (can't find anything online about them)

33 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

If you're into your Screamo/Post-hardcore/Metalcore, then the new Dreamwell album, 'In My Saddest Dreams, I Am Beside You', is going to knock your fucking socks off. Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl90_BpgY9g

I will give this a go, but that is an atrocious album title and they should be ashamed.

5 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Sir, this is screamo. If the song titles and album names aren't absurd and/or pretentious, then there's something wrong.

My favourite of the last couple of years.

spacer.png

Of course they actually sing those lyrics in the final track. Dweebs.

Cracking EP and band to be fair.

Has anybody ever gone to Brutal Assault? I have the sum total of fuck all lined up for next year. Me and Download have broken up for good and BA seems to get rave reviews by everyone who has gone. Cheap as chips, my favourite size for a festival and all the spooky Norwegian bollocks does it for me.