The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

8 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Has anybody ever gone to Brutal Assault? I have the sum total of fuck all lined up for next year. Me and Download have broken up for good and BA seems to get rave reviews by everyone who has gone. Cheap as chips, my favourite size for a festival and all the spooky Norwegian bollocks does it for me. 

I've been but I think it was 12 years ago, so it might have changed some what. I loved it though. It was easy to get to - a short walk from train station IIRC, good size, everything was cheaper, all very well organised, great view of main stage wherever you stand. There was a great inside movie area that played (some really niche) horror films all day, which was good to get away from the heat sometimes. Only thing that might be a problem for some is the camping was in a public park when I went - just  outside the festival area, we had no issues or problems with it, and didn't hear anyone else who did either. It was just a bit strange.

12 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Has anybody ever gone to Brutal Assault? I have the sum total of fuck all lined up for next year. Me and Download have broken up for good and BA seems to get rave reviews by everyone who has gone. Cheap as chips, my favourite size for a festival and all the spooky Norwegian bollocks does it for me. 

Twice, 2019 and 2022. Probably my favourite outdoor festival. A lot of what @Twatters said was right, but they do now have proper camping areas too. I'm probably going to go again next year.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Very special guest on that Sunday 4th stage down. Couldn't be Deftones could it? Seeing as Crosses are right before it?

They kissed and made up with Manowar after their tiff the other year.

Only joking of course. Thats a hell of a line up though. My takeaway from it though is that I Am Morbid being over hopefully means they’ll make it over here at some point seen as they skipped doing the 30th Anniversary of ‘Covenant’. Similar with Immolation, been wanting to see them for a long time

UPDATE:

Therapy?’s social media has actually spoilt the 4th Stage Sunday Special Guest slot. It’s…

Spoiler

Rival Sons

Edited by WyattSheepMask