The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I'm tempted by a Saturday day ticket, mainly to take my son to see Baby Metal and I suppose I'd have to watch Pantera. Dogtooth stage that day looks solid too with Dying Fetus, Gel, Dying Wish and Celestial Sanctuary. What are we thinking day tickets will be? £120 each maybe?

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm so so sad seeing Tom Morello there.

Don't get me wrong, I love him but it just hits home that I'll never see Rage live again.

They'll be back together in a year or two I reckon. Especially if Trump gets re-elected. 

21 minutes ago, mim731 said:

They'll be back together in a year or two I reckon. Especially if Trump gets re-elected. 

We'll see, but Brad was pretty adamant and final with the statement he put out not long ago. Couple that with Zacks injury, their age and the energy and intensity that they have to/want to put in, I'm feeling less and less optimistic. 

I listened to it a couple of times earlier and it's........alright I guess. It's just fairly standard thrash and it's enjoyable enough but take those vocals away and it could be any one of a number of bands. Like, everything up to the solo could pass for current Metallica, particularly the chords and drumming.  Mark Osegueda does a cracking job on vocals but sounds like he's cosplaying Tom Araya. It's nowhere near as terrible as I was expecting, it's just not particularly exciting.

Nowhere near as bad as I thought it might have been, yet is also exactly what you would expect it to be.

Mark Osegueda is a very underrated vocalist, but I reckon he’ll have been given the “make it sound like Tom” brief. Hey, if he’s getting a pay day out it then I don’t begrudge him for it.

It's 30 years today since the death of Mutsumi, vocalist of who were often dubbed as the Japanese Faith No More.

A really cool funk metal band I was way late on, lots of old school hardcore influence too.

Edited by Merzbow

26 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'd never heard of them, they sound right up my street! Any recommendations? 

Parasite People is probably their best, there's also a cool little RPG concept EP called Super Junky Alien.

• 2 weeks later...