The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Have two mates heading up to see Full of Hell in Limerick (the best town in Ireland for metal, and Dolans Warehouse is the best spot in the country for it) and realised Antichrist Siege Machine are supporting so picked up a ticket. Looking forward to it. All the Antichrist stuff I've heard has been devastating. Proper satanic grindcore on steroids type shit you know's going to go only one way live on a Friday night:

Jarhead Fertiliser also on the bill, who I know nothing about so will have to check them out. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Surprised Unyielding Love aren't supporting, very much in a similar style to Full of Hell being a grind, noise, black metal influenced mix and they're not far away at all. I think they may have played together years ago, too.

Yeah, they pop down here a fair bit as well and always get a decent crowd. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Some AEW-style masking going on there. I mean there's still probably 30-40,000 people there but that huge gap at the back is grim. Being sat in those seats behind the gap must have been pretty depressing.

• Paid Members
On 7/2/2023 at 3:32 PM, Egg Shen said:

How was the show Monkee? I told myself id never goto Hyde Park to see another show, but I would make an exception for a Golden Circle ticket.

It was fantastic. I was actually really impressed by Axl’s voice and his energy through the whole show. Slash really does have the charisma of a Brussels sprout though.

I actually swapped the spare Gold Circle for a VIP Terrace ticket - great view and better facilities. The guy who swapped with me had friends in the GC but, by the time he went to buy his ticket, they’d sold out and only VIP was left. So we were both totally made up with the exchange.

I don’t think I’ll ever get a GA ticket for a show in Hyde Park. I had a free ticket (Gold Circle) for Pink the other week but watched Gwen Stefani from GA with a friend. The sound isn’t as good and the delay on the screens was bloody awful.

Now that Ticketmaster and the like do payment plans on a lot of tickets, I’d rather spread the cost of a more expensive ticket than have to do GA again.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Monkee said:

It was fantastic. I was actually really impressed by Axl’s voice and his energy through the whole show. Slash really does have the charisma of a Brussels sprout though.

I actually swapped the spare Gold Circle for a VIP Terrace ticket - great view and better facilities. The guy who swapped with me had friends in the GC but, by the time he went to buy his ticket, they’d sold out and only VIP was left. So we were both totally made up with the exchange.

I don’t think I’ll ever get a GA ticket for a show in Hyde Park. I had a free ticket (Gold Circle) for Pink the other week but watched Gwen Stefani from GA with a friend. The sound isn’t as good and the delay on the screens was bloody awful.

Now that Ticketmaster and the like do payment plans on a lot of tickets, I’d rather spread the cost of a more expensive ticket than have to do GA again.

We had bought Gold Circle having been warned by a mate about how poor GA was. Watched Pretenders from the merch queue and yeah, the sound and delay was awful. 

The Gold Circle sound was excellent though. Would definitely go back again. 

9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Someone from Full of Hell is on this site because they just added them.

Saw that! Dublin only so far but hopefully/assuming Limerick will follow suit. The latter is really where you want to go for your small, heavy gigs on this island.