The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I am in no way saying that OPM are actually good, c'mon now. Just way, way better than Crazytown (which isn't hard, to be fair).

I did have that OPM album, and there's a skit on there where the band are smashing up a confectionary machine, and that thirty seconds is still better than any Crazytown song.

And any A7X song too, but that's a given.

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Now I’m reminded of some berk nominating Alien Ant Farm in the Most Influential Album thread. 

I think it was the perfect albums thread and I may have been that berk. If it wasn't me I do definitely think Anthology is massively underrated and it's an album I can listen to pretty much the whole way through in one go, it's just the Smooth Criminal cover that lets it down. It's got some really heavy bits, a great moody ballad in Happy Death Day and sounds almost like peak Incubus in places.

Edit: Turns out it wasn't me that nominated it but I did defend it in the thread and said it was a "solid Incubus-esque record" which I stand by.
Redeemed myself in that thread by nominating Blackwater Park.

Edited by cobra_gordo

Following the cancellations of DevilDriver (Dez is still suffering from the effects of long covid and has been advised by doctors not to take any long haul flights, though he’s still doing the Mudvayne US tour that Coal Chamber are on) and Nonpoint, Bloodstock have announced Abbath as a replacement while Bossk have been moved up in the order on the Sophie stage

Edited by WyattSheepMask