The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Winterfylleth are pretty fucking sketchy but often get a free pass, more and more shit comes out over the years but because they're pretty much at that top end of British bands it's looked past.

Although, I've stopped caring half as much myself these days. Outside of a few artists I've grown so far away from black metal.

Edited by Merzbow

I've never understood how Winterfylleth managed to get to the level they have without more people dredging up shit on them. They've covered their tracks pretty well, having friends in the press helps too I guess.

To balance it out Panopticon, Havukruunu and Nemorous are all left-far left leaning bands. @WyattSheepMask I'd recommend checking out those three and Ninkharsag, Wode and Abduction in particular.

Cosmic Void looks decent but I'm at another fest in Edinburgh that weekend!

Got a last minute ticket to see Carcass tomorrow night, primarily as a way of being able to leave the house this weekend and transfer straight to a sweaty safe space without being too exposed to Dublin on a St. Patrick's weekend. 

No clue on their back catalogue. Anyone here got any personal favourites? 

21 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Got a last minute ticket to see Carcass tomorrow night, primarily as a way of being able to leave the house this weekend and transfer straight to a sweaty safe space without being too exposed to Dublin on a St. Patrick's weekend. 

Heartwork, Heartwork and Heartwork. Don't believe anybody saying Swansong is shit either, they've either not listened to it and are parroting what they've heard online or they're just talking shit.

Get down early for The Crawling who are supporting, they're a cracking band.

Edited by cobra_gordo

Just now, Merzbow said:

Necrotism is probably my favourite album of theirs, it's that sweet spot between grind, death metal and the upcoming melodeath sound. Just the perfect mix of extremity and catchy riffs.

Necrotism is a cracking album but I definitely lean more in to their melodeath stuff. Not sure if I'm alone in not rating Reek Of Putrification that highly.

Cheers guys! 

Aye, Crawling are fantastic. Have seen them at plenty of tiny shows over the last few years and they always put massive effort in. Good to see them moving up a bit. 

9 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Necrotism is a cracking album but I definitely lean more in to their melodeath stuff. Not sure if I'm alone in not rating Reek Of Putrification that highly.

Reek was very of it's time, nothing else like it to the point that Paedo Peel had it as his album of the year for being so wild and fresh. There's definitely pure grind that I prefer to it, for me Discordance Axis are the peak of the genre.

13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

How did they pull out a nu-metal classic like this?

Haven't heard the album yet, but my 13yo has played nothing but that since Friday, so I'm sure I'll have to very soon just to keep up with what she's banging on about, but I really enjoyed this one they released last month or so.

Great chorus.

• Paid Members
On 3/17/2023 at 9:16 AM, Gay as FOOK said:

Yeah can't go wrong with Heartwork as a starting point. I'm off to a show on the UK tour in a couple of months.