Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just booked tickets for Leeds. The run of Turnstile – Cancer Bats – The Bronx – Gallows is tremendous. Add to that The Interrupters, Millencollin & The Menzingers and it’s pretty much the perfect one-dayer for me. I just hope the clashes aren’t too horrendous.

Posted

Belting festival, that. I'm in for Glassjaw, Turnstile, Angel Du$t, The Menzingers, Saves The Day, Bad Religion, NOFX and the Get Up Kids. I've never seen Anti Flag before so that'd be cool, too. The chances of seeing all of that are slim to none. There is enough fluff on there that I'm hoping the clashes aren't too bad.

  • Paid Members
Posted
18 hours ago, SuperstarNeilC said:

This fucker is so addictive

 

It's an absolute monster of a track, that. It was usually my piss break song when I was DJing metal nights, too.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Belting festival, that. I'm in for Glassjaw, Turnstile, Angel Du$t, The Menzingers, Saves The Day, Bad Religion, NOFX and the Get Up Kids. I've never seen Anti Flag before so that'd be cool, too. The chances of seeing all of that are slim to none. There is enough fluff on there that I'm hoping the clashes aren't too bad.

the days gonna be a nightmare for clashes. Has anyone ever been before? hows walking between stages?

Im also hoping that the quality across all 3 stages and how all 3 appeal to a different set of fans means that it wont be utterly rammed all day. 

oh and earlier in the month, this looks lovely:

5c3efbefb775b.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

the days gonna be a nightmare for clashes. Has anyone ever been before? hows walking between stages?

Im also hoping that the quality across all 3 stages and how all 3 appeal to a different set of fans means that it wont be utterly rammed all day. 

Well it's exactly why I'm not choosing to part with my cash just yet. The past few Slam Dunks have seen countless clashes, meaning I've only caught half the bands I wanted to see. So whilst this line-up is bloody fantastic, I can't justify going. Obviously the counter-argument is going to both shows but I'm not bloody made of money!

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Well it's exactly why I'm not choosing to part with my cash just yet. The past few Slam Dunks have seen countless clashes, meaning I've only caught half the bands I wanted to see. So whilst this line-up is bloody fantastic, I can't justify going. Obviously the counter-argument is going to both shows but I'm not bloody made of money!

yeh, no matter whichever way you wanna spin it you can only get to see 7-8 bands a day. I could literally park up in front of either the Impericon or Punk in Drublic stages and be happy all day though. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
53 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh, no matter whichever way you wanna spin it you can only get to see 7-8 bands a day. I could literally park up in front of either the Impericon or Punk in Drublic stages and be happy all day though. 

They've said there'll be 2 'heavy' stages which wont clash. One will be headlined by BFMV & the other isn't announced yet. I suspect the 2 punk stages will be the same? But yeah, you'll likely get to see 8 bands but if it's 8 belters that's well worth the £60 IMO. I'm hoping The Menzingers are headlining their stage so I sit at the Impericon stage until watching them close the day.

Posted

I NEED to see Neurosis at some point in my life so I'm tempted but not sure if this will be that time. Went Supersonic for a day years ago and wasn't too impressed. I saw Godflesh there and I know this will be sacrilege but frankly they bored me to tears. Think Jesu are ace, though. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

They've said there'll be 2 'heavy' stages which wont clash. One will be headlined by BFMV & the other isn't announced yet. I suspect the 2 punk stages will be the same? But yeah, you'll likely get to see 8 bands but if it's 8 belters that's well worth the £60 IMO. I'm hoping The Menzingers are headlining their stage so I sit at the Impericon stage until watching them close the day.

have you been before? will there be 4 stages in all? That's alot of stages considering the attendence isnt that high?

I assumed Bullet for My Valentine would be on the main stage along with All Time Low, Simple Plan etc.

  • Paid Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

have you been before? will there be 4 stages in all? That's alot of stages considering the attendence isnt that high?

I assumed Bullet for My Valentine would be on the main stage along with All Time Low, Simple Plan etc.

I've never been before but I believe there's 7 stages in all. Peeps who have been before have said that last year (South) there was 4 outside stages & 3 tents. Leeds is at a new site this year (the old site of Leeds fest) so I'd expect Main Stage & the big 'Heavy' stage (which BFMV are confirmed to be headlining)  to be outside. NOFX to headline the big tent & the others to be a mix (including the little acoustic & dance stages).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...