The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Ha, that's gonna be the big deal breaker for me too! I somehow have to convince the missus, whilst we're saving for the wedding that we definitely cant afford, if I can slap a couple of hundred  on a trip down to London. It's near enough my birthday though so I may be able to get away with it.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Jawbreaker are also announced for Groezrock so I'm really intrigued as to who the support acts are for the London show. Mest, Neckdeep and Comeback Kid are on the bill, they'd fit in nicely, though I'd really love something like Face To Face, Lifetime and/or Braid.

I'd be going to Groezrock instead if I suddenly happened upon the money though.

The biggest surprise is Hellhammer, Tom has said repeatedly that he hated that stuff but now he's doing live sets of all that eras music. Out of every name there I'd mostly be going for The Sisters of Mercy, that little hip sludge fest at the the bottom of Saturday looks lovely too.

• Paid Members

Mineral has released their first new song in 20 years, along with the announcement of a European tour. Only one UK date and that's Thursday 23rd May in London.

Bit shit as it means booking a day off work for a band I really want to see but have heard that they aren't all that live. It's great news regardless and the new material could suggest further tours down the line.

I'm also super jealous of those going to their San Diego show, as they are being supported by Cursive (!), marking this the third time two of my all time faves have toured together in the US (the first times being earlier this when Coheed toured with Cursive and Taking Back Sunday).

11 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Mineral has released their first new song in 20 years, along with the announcement of a European tour. Only one UK date and that's Thursday 23rd May in London.

Bit shit as it means booking a day off work for a band I really want to see but have heard that they aren't all that live. It's great news regardless and the new material could suggest further tours down the line.

I'm also super jealous of those going to their San Diego show, as they are being supported by Cursive (!), marking this the third time two of my all time faves have toured together in the US (the first times being earlier this when Coheed toured with Cursive and Taking Back Sunday).

I saw them when they toured over here in 2015. They were OK but a little bit of a let down honestly which was a shame.