WyattSheepMask Posted October 23, 2018 Posted October 23, 2018 I probably won’t be able to afford the weekend as me & a mate are planning on doing Progress’ Super Strong Style weekend, but i’ll definately do the day for Tool Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 25, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted October 25, 2018 anyone see this stuff about the classic Static-X lineup reforming to tour Wisconsin Death Trip and putting out a new album using unreleased vocals from Wayne Static who died a few years back? https://www.loudersound.com/news/static-x-trio-reunite-for-new-album-featuring-vocals-from-late-frontman-wayne-static Not sure what to make of that, especially considering that lineup of Static-X fell apart after the second album. Wisonsin Death Trip is a cracking album though. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted October 25, 2018 Posted October 25, 2018 I’m assuming they’re on bad terms with Tripp though and I doubt he’d be allowed to tour. They we’re cracking live the one time I got to see them too, 2003ish. So intense and the crowd never stopped moving. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 25, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted October 25, 2018 Tripp was not part of the Wisconsion Death Trip lineup, he joined after Machine. Cant imagine them wanting him involved either way. Quote
Merzbow Posted October 25, 2018 Posted October 25, 2018 Was he the paedo one? I've given the new Conan album another try and I'm pretty into it, always found them a bit too daft for my sludge tastes but this album really mixes things up in a good way and it's not all D&D like. The vocals are still awful mind you. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 25, 2018 Posted October 25, 2018 Yeah he was the nonce. The less said about him the better Quote
Merzbow Posted October 26, 2018 Posted October 26, 2018 Speaking of nonces in metal.. Manowar guitarist Karl Logan has been arrested on child porn charges. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted October 28, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 28, 2018 NYC hardcore guitarist Todd Youth has died. I knew him mainly from his brief spell in my favourite band Danzig but reading his Wikipedia page he was pretty impressively active and appeared all over the place including a period as Glenn Campbell's guitarist which I had no idea about. Quote
Daughters Posted October 29, 2018 Posted October 29, 2018 As my username suggests, I was always going to dig the new Daughters album. Very dense and more industrial sounding. Not as enamoured with it yet as I was their self titled one back in 2010, but that’s one of my favourite albums ever. If you like Killing Joke plus a bit of Birthday Party and a dollop of weird then I recommend these last two albums (first two are a bit too grindy for me, apart from ‘Fiery’ which is a great 1min26sec) Quote
wordsfromlee Posted October 31, 2018 Posted October 31, 2018 My mates 5 year old lad asked to dress up for halloween as the singer from Ghost. Quote
Rey_Piste Posted November 1, 2018 Posted November 1, 2018 New single released by Slipknot, I like it. It does sound a lot like something from their self titled album. Quote
The Gaffer Posted November 1, 2018 Posted November 1, 2018 Banger, isn't it. Sounds as heavy as anything from Iowa. I hope the group aesthetic goes a little back to them looking like a nasty group of serial killers. Some of their boiler suits ended up being streamlined down to dark pants and military shirts. Anyway, the tune bodes well if they intend on playing with this speed and ferocity on the road this summer. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted November 1, 2018 Posted November 1, 2018 It wasn’t bad, but depends on how it fits into the rest of the album. Its better than ‘Spit It Out’, so it passes the test Quote
Merzbow Posted November 1, 2018 Posted November 1, 2018 It doesn't have the catchiness of a People = Shit or anything, it's heavy-ish but pretty dull. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.