The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

First Download announcement at 2. It'll likely be Slipknot, judging by the climate of rumors and reasonable expectation on the forums over there, and the fact that Slipknot are back in business this summer. Hope we get a few more bands, too. 

I've heard Slipknot - Tool - Def Leppard. If it is Tool then I'll be over the moon, never seen them & one of the last big bands on my list to see.

10 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

I've heard Slipknot - Tool - Def Leppard. If it is Tool then I'll be over the moon, never seen them & one of the last big bands on my list to see.

You're Dead Mike over at the forums I take it, yeah? I do the odd post as Acid Lovestar. Mostly just pre festival excitement. 

I'd take that line up no hassle. It's always fun fucking off from the main stage for at least one night to check out the odder corners of the place and Def Leppard would be a perfect excuse to do just that. 

I love Tool and it'd be a very positive booking, so I'm not overly fussed about people questioning how well suited they are, what with Maynard's supposed temperament/provisions etc. 

Then there is all the stuff I want on a nostalgic level just because I grew up with it and it's what I want to bop along to - Korn, Disturbed - but am self conscious enough to realize what utter dross other people think it is!

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I love Tool and it'd be a very positive booking, so I'm not overly fussed about people questioning how well suited they are, what with Maynard's supposed temperament/provisions etc. 

Always makes me laugh when news of a bands rider demands or something comes out & people get up in arms over it. It's meaningless without any basis for comparison. People going mad because Axl Rose has a massive rider but pretending Dave Grohl just asks for 20 Lambert & Butler and 4 cans of Fosters,

5 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Always makes me laugh when news of a bands rider demands or something comes out & people get up in arms over it. It's meaningless without any basis for comparison. People going mad because Axl Rose has a massive rider but pretending Dave Grohl just asks for 20 Lambert & Butler and 4 cans of Fosters,

It's especially hysterical when Guns n' Roses entire career has literally been built on the theme of excess. Bands like those are meant to be crazy like that. It'd be stupid if they weren't. It's not like Keane are asking to be fleeted in on golden choppers. 

One of the problems with the rock umbrella as a whole nowadays is the distinct lack of lunatics. They're all in hip-hop, which is frequently disappointing live. We've become fixated with all our other musicians needing to seem like they'd have a pint with you. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

27 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Are Opeth not as big a deal these days? Would have thought them worthy of having their logo on there at least.

Shift in direction on the last 3 albums has divided the fan base quite a bit, and as a result has pushed them down the bill for something the size of Download. Obviously there’s loads to be added but based on the announcement, Im guessing they have an early evening second stage slot

Edited by WyattSheepMask