The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Ugh, I love Killswitch and especially Howard era, but that band are utter shit. 

I'd love a KSE run where him and Jesse perform together. That would warm my metalcore cockles. 

They did a couple of tunes together when KSE were over here in August and Howard was here too playing with Jasta, so it’s not a complete impossibility. I always preferred Howard to Jesse myself though

• Paid Members

That tune isn't too bad, @Ralphy! Classic, mid-00's metalcore. Warming and familiar, like a Sunday roast. 

I do like Howard-Led KSE but the Jesse version will always be preferable to me. Which ever singer they have though, they always smash it live. I think I actually saw KSE live with both singers at some random Download.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Accident Prone said:

So what's the deal CTTS then? Are the members preoccupied with other bands or projects, or do they not get along anymore?

From what I can gather it's strictly geographical as the members live all over the show. Plus I get the impression they're massive perfectionists. That being said 9 years or whatever it was between albums was Tool levels of ridiculousness. Such a shame as they're one of the most creative bands I've ever heard. As The Roots Undo is a stone cold classic and I can honestly say I've never heard anything like it before or since.

Slam Dunk announced the first batch of bands for next years festival last week. The usual shit storm of "Why are they headlining" and "Why aren't BMTH on there" has started, aswell as folk kicking off at the lack of a midlands date and the fact that the Leeds event is now in muddy old Temple Newsam Park and not in the city centre.

I've already bought a pair of tickets for the wife's birthday though, this is well up her street and Mad Caddies are one of my all time favourites. NOFX, NFG and Gallows are all excellent additions too, just hoping for minimal clashes.

Slam-Dunk-2019-initial-October-announcement_4ebf62eb0b1d8fb7d4a9dd8bb04f2b32.jpg

1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

Slam Dunk announced the first batch of bands for next years festival last week. The usual shit storm of "Why are they headlining" and "Why aren't BMTH on there" has started, aswell as folk kicking off at the lack of a midlands date and the fact that the Leeds event is now in muddy old Temple Newsam Park and not in the city centre.

I've already bought a pair of tickets for the wife's birthday though, this is well up her street and Mad Caddies are one of my all time favourites. NOFX, NFG and Gallows are all excellent additions too, just hoping for minimal clashes.

Slam-Dunk-2019-initial-October-announcement_4ebf62eb0b1d8fb7d4a9dd8bb04f2b32.jpg

Not massively impressed with that, apart from Silverstein, but then remember that Thursday and Set Your Goals owe sets from last year, so fingers crossed.

• Paid Members

If that were local, I'd be up for it but the line-up doesn't really excite me enough to make the journey to Leeds/Hatfield and spend extra cash on travel and hotels. I'll see who else they announce but short of a 'legacy' band playing a classic album in full I'll probably give it a miss.

28 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

If that were local, I'd be up for it but the line-up doesn't really excite me enough to make the journey to Leeds/Hatfield and spend extra cash on travel and hotels. I'll see who else they announce but short of a 'legacy' band playing a classic album in full I'll probably give it a miss.

I'll be on the lookout for a few of them doing "Warm up gigs" in the week leading up to it!

I'm hoping they'll add a few more biggish names on the next announcement. A Day To Remember seems to be the one name everybody is asking for but I'd have assumed they'd have been on the first batch. Wouldn't surprise me to see The Skints getting announced at some point as they're on EVERYTHING. I'd like some heavier bands aswell.

First Download announcement at 2. It'll likely be Slipknot, judging by the climate of rumors and reasonable expectation on the forums over there, and the fact that Slipknot are back in business this summer. Hope we get a few more bands, too.