Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’m assuming this has come about due to the universal panning that Catharsis received, along with Robb refusing to do the festival circuit. As good as The Blackening was at the time (it’s been a while since I’ve listened to it) they haven’t come close to anything like that on any album since

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeh, had to see it coming. Machine Head feel like they've been treading water for a while. Shame, i love the band, i aint seen them live since Through The Ashes... came out though, long time.

A couple of the early Machine Head shows i saw on The Burning Red & Supercharger tours were amongst the best shows ive ever been too.

Posted

Was anybody at the Doom vs Stoner gig over the weekend in Sheffield. Some quality bands on considering it's effectively a tenner for the weekend. Elephant Tree, Elder, BongCauldron and Conjourer were all amazing.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 9/28/2018 at 8:56 PM, seph said:

Machine Head are done. Robb has said on Facebook that Phil & Dave quit yesterday, and the current tour is a farewell.

I went to Spain to see them as I knew I'd miss them in Bristol as i was abroad. This is pretty hard to take. 

Initial reports were a bit skewed. The band aren't splitting up, they are just losing two long-time members.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Hows the album? I haven't listened to it yet.

Anyone off to the Behemoth/At the Gates in feb?

 

Haven’t had chance to listen to the new album yet as I’m snowed under with Podcast stuff at the moment. Should hopefully get the chance to listen to it at the end of the week, and hoping to make that tour in Feb.

2 hours ago, children of bodom said:

just seen that Children Of Bodom, Cradle Of Filth, Soilwork, Hypocrisy and Dee snider have been announced for Bloodstock.. Not a bad line up at the moment

Bit of a mixed bag. Children of Bodom haven’t been there for a while so good to see them back, although I haven’t listened to anything of them since ‘Blooddrunk’. Soilwork were only there in 2017, so a quick turn around for them, Hypocrisy I’m good with but Dee Snider can do one. Not enough to make but a ticket yet

Queensryche have also been confirmed

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

Its all looking a little recycled to me. I know all festivals hit that wall, but i dont think there's many main stage worthy bands in metal that haven't played Bloodstock now. 

Posted

So how long has this been a thing?  I've heard of a few bands doing cruises before, well ok, I've heard of The Backstreet Boys doing it, but this seems very very strange to me.  In a good way of course!

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...