Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

"...And Justice For All" is let down by having no bastard bass on it. If the bass were higher in the mix, it would be easily their best.

Posted

Can't disagree with that list. I spent a period of time trying to convince myself Ride the Lightening was better, as a teen, but it's not. Master for Metallica, Rust in Peace for Megadeth, Powerslave for Maiden. It's the way of the world. 

Not forking out 200 bucks for pit tickets to Slane, though, as much as I love Ghost as support. And it's pit or bust at massive venues like that, for me. I always want to be surrounded by people really into every single song at these kind of things, and the possibility of being stuck back behind a barrier in a section of the crowd that's mostly there to get drunk and do the ole is shit craic. 

Worst of all Metallica have announced that the upcoming UK dates will be their only ones this year, so it rules Ghost out for Download :(.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 9/18/2018 at 3:03 PM, Merzbow said:

Maybe if they didn't look like...

Sabaton-Band-1.jpg?fit=960,776&ssl=1

A lot fo metal bands look like right muppets but Sabaton are right at the top.

I always wondered what happened to the No Limit Soldiers after WCW.  

  • Paid Members
Posted

Metallica have announced two stadium shows with Ghost next summer. Manchester and London. Quite fancy it but i dont know if i can be fucked for a stadium show at this point.

Posted (edited)

Load has been my favourite Metallica album since I was a teenager. Justice is probably their best but Load is a great CD to chuck on in the car, some good stuff to sing along to and isn't too hard going. "Bleeding Me" and "Outlaw Torn" would be regarded as all out classics if they'd been on the black album. 

Edited by cobra_gordo
Posted
21 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

"Bleeding Me" and "Outlaw Torn" would be regarded as all out classics if they'd been on the black album.

giphy.gif

  • Moderators
Posted
On 9/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, Rey_Piste said:

A friend recommended Idles Joy as an act of resistance to me and it's a really good punk album.

 

I'm massively into these guys at the moment. Saw them play last week and it was one of the best shows I've seen, certainly one of the most energy filled shows I've ever seen. So cool to see this mix of aggressive music with positive messaging and pure honesty.

 

Pretty good line-up of live post-punk shows coming up for me, seeing Shame and then Protomartyr in November.

Posted
2 minutes ago, neil said:

I'm massively into these guys at the moment. Saw them play last week and it was one of the best shows I've seen, certainly one of the most energy filled shows I've ever seen. So cool to see this mix of aggressive music with positive messaging and pure honesty.

Their  current album and their previous one from last year, Brutalism has been on repeat for me recently. The friend of mine who recommended them to me is mates with Dev the bassist. Hopefully he can nab a couple of comp tickets for their Bristol gig in October, which is sold out, same goes for most of their UK tour.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Machine Head are done. Robb has said on Facebook that Phil & Dave quit yesterday, and the current tour is a farewell.

I went to Spain to see them as I knew I'd miss them in Bristol as i was abroad. This is pretty hard to take. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...