wordsfromlee Posted December 16, 2018 Posted December 16, 2018 54 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: The only thing that got me from the whole thing was how he managed to book the venues that he did. Obviously they’re not the O2 or anything, but do the people that own/operate these venues not research whoever is looking to book them, or is it purely a room for hire and so long as you can cover costs they’ll let anyone in Yeah he just rented the venues out. The Underworld in Camden was £780. It's then up to him (or his "booking agent") to set ticket prices and sell them. That's how it works for most tours. That's why you see some bands charging £15 a ticket and others charging £40 a ticket while both playing in the same venue. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 16, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted December 16, 2018 Bit the bullet and grabbed 2 tickets for Slamdunk under their deposit scheme effort. Was a bit unsure on what to do next year but the appeal of a weekend festival has pretty much died for me so i was contemplating a one dayer and that fitted the bill, especially with that new stage. That and Rammstein in July will do me. Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted December 16, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 16, 2018 I might pick up a ticket just for Saves The Day, Get Up Kids and Less Than Jake. The only issue is that the one-dayers tend to have the negative of too many bands clashing with one another. I bought tickets to Slam Dunk a few years back based on the cracking line-up only to find out a few weeks later that I wouldn't be able too see half the bands I wanted to, At least at a 3 day festival those kinds of situations are usually avoided but I'm a shrivelled up old husk of man now (and I'm also skint) so the prospect of 3-5 days in a field is rather daunting. I'll see how the schedule shapes up, although I might give it a miss entirely if I can grab tickets for Taking Back Sunday's June tour, where they'll be playing 'Tell All Your Friends' in full. TAYF is, pound for pound, probably the best emo record of all time so I can't pass that opportunity up. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 16, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted December 16, 2018 yeh the clashes will suck but outside of perhaps Glassjaw, The Menzingers and The Get Up Kids i'll just stick around the Punk in Drublic stage. Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted December 17, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2018 My brother snapped me a ticket so it looks like I'm definitely going to TBS! Looking forward to singing every bloody word at the back. Still undecided on Slam Dunk, so I'll leave it to the very last minute to see how the schedule shapes up or if some of the bands play a few gigs around it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 17, 2018 Members Posted December 17, 2018 23 hours ago, Accident Prone said: I might pick up a ticket just for Saves The Day, Get Up Kids and Less Than Jake. The only issue is that the one-dayers tend to have the negative of too many bands clashing with one another. I bought tickets to Slam Dunk a few years back based on the cracking line-up only to find out a few weeks later that I wouldn't be able too see half the bands I wanted to, At least at a 3 day festival those kinds of situations are usually avoided but I'm a shrivelled up old husk of man now (and I'm also skint) so the prospect of 3-5 days in a field is rather daunting. I'll see how the schedule shapes up, although I might give it a miss entirely if I can grab tickets for Taking Back Sunday's June tour, where they'll be playing 'Tell All Your Friends' in full. TAYF is, pound for pound, probably the best emo record of all time so I can't pass that opportunity up. I've just choked on my American Football album.... It's a great album and I'll be there for sure to sing along to every word but it's not even the best album of that genre (that's Deja Entendu) :) Troxy is a wicked venue as well. Well looking forward to this, let's have a beer Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted December 17, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2018 22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I've just choked on my American Football album.... It's a great album and I'll be there for sure to sing along to every word but it's not even the best album of that genre (that's Deja Entendu) Troxy is a wicked venue as well. Well looking forward to this, let's have a beer Whilst I adore Deja, the latter half of that album is weaker than the first half, hence the 'pound-for-pound' distinguisher. Sic Transit-Spin Light-Tommy Gun-Quiet Things-Boy Who Blocked is still my favourite straight run from any album though. Just untouchable. I'll be placing myself at the bar and belting every word of TAYF as loud as humanly possible! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted December 17, 2018 Posted December 17, 2018 That reminds me that the Lords of Chaos movie is out next month. Looking forward to that. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 24, 2018 Posted December 24, 2018 Speaking of Mayhem, I've just spotted that they've remastered Grand Declaration of War. It pissed off so many people at the time, one for being so untrve and two for daring to make an album without Euronymous but I love it personally. You can tell they'd been working with Garm of Ulver around that time. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 31, 2018 Posted December 31, 2018 Double post but I know a couple of you like Batushka. The lead singer is currently attempting to steal the band away from the original creator who did most of the work. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted December 31, 2018 Posted December 31, 2018 Well that fucking sucks. Haven’t got round to seeing them, and if this doesn’t work out well I never will Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 8, 2019 Posted January 8, 2019 (edited) Powerwolf, Soulfly, Incite and Swallow The Sun added to Bloodstock. STILL no sign of that 3rd headliner though, which surely can’t be a good sign Edited January 8, 2019 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted January 8, 2019 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2019 2000 Trees are announcing the first 33 bands tomorrow. Heard rumblings that Weezer are the first headliner Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 8, 2019 Posted January 8, 2019 Weezer seem to be the rumoured headliner every year. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.