The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

The only time I saw Million Dead was on a show with onelinedrawing, Aerogramme and Thursday. They were easily the worst band on the bill. Not in a shit way, but just totally forgettable.

A bill i saw was Funeral for a Friend, The Haunted, onelinedrawing & Million Dead. 

3 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

The only time I saw Million Dead was on a show with onelinedrawing, Aerogramme and Thursday. They were easily the worst band on the bill. Not in a shit way, but just totally forgettable.

Forgot all about Aerogramme. They were great. The guitarist is now the main guy in CHVRCHES.

• Paid Members

Theres a bunch of those bands i need to go back and properly listen too. I had Revelation Records samplers with all that stuff and i loved it but that was before streaming and downloading so i only ever picked up certain records. Texas is the Reasons' being one of them. I really need to go back and go deeper into the catalogue.

On the subject of Samiam. I went on their facebook page and saw the singer guested on a podcast called This Was the Scene which focusses on a ton of that late 90s stuff, im gonna check it out.

Looks decent, that Podcast. There's an interview with one of the guys from Lanemeyer. Brian Fallon was a member of them pre Gaslight Anthem so that may be a good listen. I'm a big fan of Washed Up Emo for this kind of thing and I've started listening to 100 Words or Less.

Edited by lightningxlock

• Paid Members
On 2/4/2019 at 12:20 PM, Egg Shen said:

Anyone seen his documentary? i have it but havent got around to watching it yet.

I watched it a while back. I like a lot of his early stuff, and adore Million Dead and Mongol Horde, but that doc is one of the more self-indulgent, uneventful music docs I've ever seen. 

On 2/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, SuperBacon said:

He’s a fucking Tory. 

Is he? Is that a recent shift as he certainly didn't seem to be a few years back? Unless I was totally oblivious.

EDIT: After doing some reading it looks like he described himself as rightwing in 2009, but it seems like he's a bit more of a centrist now based on this article: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/frank-turner-interview-politics-arena-show-gig-new-record-album-campfire-punk-rock-folk-left-right-a7778376.html%3famp

Edited by mim731

15 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The Sunno O))) thing intrigues me. Ive tried to immerse myself into it but im not really getting it. I saw part of their set at Hellfest a couple of years ago and it was a bit of a chin scratcher.

Try their collabs with Boris and Scott Walker or even the album Monoliths and Dimensions, they take a few more turns there and it's less of a BWOOOOMMM sound for 30 minutes straight.