Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Ahhh fuck now thats a show id like to goto. Missed out on Samiam back in the day but i love them now.

Well worth the trip to London. Think they’re playing Manchester Punk Fest too 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

The only time I saw Million Dead was on a show with onelinedrawing, Aerogramme and Thursday. They were easily the worst band on the bill. Not in a shit way, but just totally forgettable.

A bill i saw was Funeral for a Friend, The Haunted, onelinedrawing & Million Dead. 

Posted
3 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

The only time I saw Million Dead was on a show with onelinedrawing, Aerogramme and Thursday. They were easily the worst band on the bill. Not in a shit way, but just totally forgettable.

Forgot all about Aerogramme. They were great. The guitarist is now the main guy in CHVRCHES.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Theres a bunch of those bands i need to go back and properly listen too. I had Revelation Records samplers with all that stuff and i loved it but that was before streaming and downloading so i only ever picked up certain records. Texas is the Reasons' being one of them. I really need to go back and go deeper into the catalogue.

On the subject of Samiam. I went on their facebook page and saw the singer guested on a podcast called This Was the Scene which focusses on a ton of that late 90s stuff, im gonna check it out.

Posted (edited)

Looks decent, that Podcast. There's an interview with one of the guys from Lanemeyer. Brian Fallon was a member of them pre Gaslight Anthem so that may be a good listen. I'm a big fan of Washed Up Emo for this kind of thing and I've started listening to 100 Words or Less.

Edited by lightningxlock
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 2/4/2019 at 12:20 PM, Egg Shen said:

Anyone seen his documentary? i have it but havent got around to watching it yet.

I watched it a while back. I like a lot of his early stuff, and adore Million Dead and Mongol Horde, but that doc is one of the more self-indulgent, uneventful music docs I've ever seen. 

On 2/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, SuperBacon said:

He’s a fucking Tory. 

Is he? Is that a recent shift as he certainly didn't seem to be a few years back? Unless I was totally oblivious.

EDIT: After doing some reading it looks like he described himself as rightwing in 2009, but it seems like he's a bit more of a centrist now based on this article: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/frank-turner-interview-politics-arena-show-gig-new-record-album-campfire-punk-rock-folk-left-right-a7778376.html%3famp

 

Edited by mim731
  • Paid Members
Posted

Eh, Frank Turner has always come across as a poundland Kevin Devine to me. Obviously, Kevin Devine is better.

Shocked to hear he is/was right-wing though, you wouldn't think that considering the kind of people and demographics he appeals to.

  • Paid Members
Posted
18 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Now I’ve seen that Chamberlain are playing The Sebright Arms!!!! What a day. I tell you what, if Texas Is The Reason announce something, I might just combust.

Why did you have to go and say that...

  • Paid Members
Posted

Really excited about that! Though given that so much of Albini's production style hinges on the drum sound, I wonder what he can bring to the table for Sunn O))).

  • Paid Members
Posted

The Sunno O))) thing intrigues me. Ive tried to immerse myself into it but im not really getting it. I saw part of their set at Hellfest a couple of years ago and it was a bit of a chin scratcher.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The Sunno O))) thing intrigues me. Ive tried to immerse myself into it but im not really getting it. I saw part of their set at Hellfest a couple of years ago and it was a bit of a chin scratcher.

Try their collabs with Boris and Scott Walker or even the album Monoliths and Dimensions, they take a few more turns there and it's less of a BWOOOOMMM sound for 30 minutes straight.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...