The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Anyone remember a tiny Welsh band called Liberty 37? they put out 2 albums in the late 90's/early 00's to critical acclaim but basically disappeared without a trace after that (two great albums by the way). Now their old label has unearthed 4 demos that were recorded for a 3rd album that never happened, they've remastered them and are sticking a new EP out in April, 18 years after the band split. I fucking love shit like that, it could only happen because of internet/social media.

Also, anyone remember Pissing Razors? proper underrated 90's groove metal band from Texas. Well they've reformed and put out some new material, i dig it. It sounds like Pissing Razors which is nice, guess there's always a worry that a band will come back and sound completely different. Hoping they get a UK show in at some point.

Speaking of comebacks, Possessed have resurfaced after like 33 years?! Old School Death Metal is very much the hip thing right now so timing is great, I'm personallu hoping for the old Finnish bands to come back (most of the new OSDM bands worship that stuff).

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah I remember both bands, Liberty 37 weren’t my thing though.

Pissing Razors were great though and very underrated. Shame there full catalogue is available on streaming services, but having I think I’ve got copies of the stuff that isn’t there  

Yeah spotify is missing their two best albums, Cast Down the Plagues & Fields of Disbelief.

• Paid Members

any thoughts on Machine Head's classic lineup near enough re-forming to tour Burn My Eyes 25th Anniversary? theres a few UK dates. Its a clever piece of marketing, they'll go out and split shows with two lineups. Cash grab? absolutely, pretty cool for a fan though. They also plan to re-record the album which sounds a bit silly.

On a weirder front, Static-X have revealed their touring plans. Full UK tour included, im gonna goto the Cardiff show. The show will have a guy, wearing a mask and the hair bascially doing a Wayne Static impression. Its pretty unique and im intrigued. The guy does a fairly nailed on impression in fairness.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:27 AM, Egg Shen said:

On a weirder front, Static-X have revealed their touring plans. Full UK tour included, im gonna goto the Cardiff show. The show will have a guy, wearing a mask and the hair bascially doing a Wayne Static impression. Its pretty unique and im intrigued. The guy does a fairly nailed on impression in fairness.

I’m hearing it’s the singer from Dope, which makes sense as Dope are playing all the shows Static is 

I think I’ve finally come across the most ridiculous name in metal.

Step forward Acidic Vaginal Liquid Explosion Generated by Mass Amounts of Filthy Fecal Fisting and Sadistic Septic Syphilic Sodomy Inside the Infected Maggot Infested Womb of a Molested Nun Dying Under the Roof of a Burning Church While a Priest Watches and Ejaculates in Immense Perverse Pleasure Over His First Fresh Fetus, or XavlegbmaofffassssitimiwoamndutroabcwapwaeiippohfffX for short (X’s at front and back to disguise from anyone else who might have the name)

And check out that logo

3275EAE7-DB42-48CF-A491-8112B646C288_zps

Edited by WyattSheepMask

They're a meme band, I mean you'd have to be as no-one could be serious with that name, right?

Instead of double posting I'll add this here:

Dave Vincent, Blasphemer and Flo Mounier's new supergroup just put out an album and fuck it's good, better that anything that Mayhem and Morbid Angel have put out in recent years.

Edited by Merzbow

Some banging albums released yesterday.

Martha-Love Keeps Kicking 

Lovely indie-punk with regional Durham accents. Bonus points for naming a track WrestleMania VIII

I Love Your Lifestyle-The Movie

Twiddly emo from Sweden. Really heartfelt and authentic, will be a cracking soundtrack in the sun

Pup-Morbid Love

Slightly more polished than their previous offerings, and the better for it. The hooks are bloody glorious. Kids is the clear stand out

I was surprised to see the new Vile Creature double CD collection in HMV just now, had to pick it up. It comes with an audio book which is odd, I had no idea they even wrote one.

But yeah check them out if you like a bit of forward thinking Sludge.