Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

I think I’ve finally come across the most ridiculous name in metal.

Step forward Acidic Vaginal Liquid Explosion Generated by Mass Amounts of Filthy Fecal Fisting and Sadistic Septic Syphilic Sodomy Inside the Infected Maggot Infested Womb of a Molested Nun Dying Under the Roof of a Burning Church While a Priest Watches and Ejaculates in Immense Perverse Pleasure Over His First Fresh Fetus, or XavlegbmaofffassssitimiwoamndutroabcwapwaeiippohfffX for short (X’s at front and back to disguise from anyone else who might have the name)

And check out that logo

3275EAE7-DB42-48CF-A491-8112B646C288_zps

Edited by WyattSheepMask

They're a meme band, I mean you'd have to be as no-one could be serious with that name, right?

Instead of double posting I'll add this here:

Dave Vincent, Blasphemer and Flo Mounier's new supergroup just put out an album and fuck it's good, better that anything that Mayhem and Morbid Angel have put out in recent years.

Edited by Merzbow

Some banging albums released yesterday.

Martha-Love Keeps Kicking 

Lovely indie-punk with regional Durham accents. Bonus points for naming a track WrestleMania VIII

I Love Your Lifestyle-The Movie

Twiddly emo from Sweden. Really heartfelt and authentic, will be a cracking soundtrack in the sun

Pup-Morbid Love

Slightly more polished than their previous offerings, and the better for it. The hooks are bloody glorious. Kids is the clear stand out

I was surprised to see the new Vile Creature double CD collection in HMV just now, had to pick it up. It comes with an audio book which is odd, I had no idea they even wrote one.

But yeah check them out if you like a bit of forward thinking Sludge.

First of Machine Head's re-recordings of Burn My Eyes. Very cool, and it sounds great. Initially i thought they were re-recording the album proper but its a live studio run through which is better. 

i remember it fondly, it didnt seem weird to me at the time though, i was all in for that.

Naah, you can have Robb's gimp spikes but Dave McClain's mouldy-Wotsit hair will be missed.

From This Day and Blood/Sweat/Tears are live standards anyhoo and will probably in the first half of the show, the 2nd half is Burn My Eyes in full.

Is Fat Mike from NOFX ok at the moment mental health wise?

He has a new album out under his “Cokie the Clown” persona .  He has posted some weird videos/pics and the video for the first single is a bit unsettling. 

He seems like a guy that might struggling at the moment . Hope it’s just all an act. 

Edited by RancidPunx

yeh, thats all abit of an act isnt it? nofx are on tour at the moment so i assume he's doing fine. Im off to his Punk in Drublic thing at Slamdunk next month.

Merzbow is a grumpy old shit, he's having a right old strop over a couple of lads making a podcast about his music. Wait till he finds out there's a 2nd..

Oh and Gouge Away are going to be the stars of that tour, they're amazing.

Edited by Merzbow