The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I wasn’t keen on the photos I’d seen prior, but in person it either looks better or I was blinded by excitement. Maybe I was just day drunk.

The bridge sign is pretty classy though

Yep, I like the sign too. Looks great. And I'd take day drunk as an excuse for anyone enjoying anything shoddy. Hell I once went saw Cinderella at Download, pissed up to the gills at noon, and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Tau Cross have been completely ditched by Relapse Records, they had an album coming out by them next month but the band thought it was a good idea to give thanks to a Holocaust denier in the notes. Apparently this guy was a big inspiration to Rob Miller of all people, you'd never expect that from someone who was in Amebix.

I've been reading about how he's been getting deeper and deeper into David Icke territory these past years and it shouldn't have been much of a surprise to anyone close to him.
Apparently it's kinda common for your old anarchists to go down this road as they get older.

I’m not overly familiar with All Them Witches, but Tribulation are very good.

Ive got a mate who lives in Nottingham so we’ll probably end up going to that one, but I’d quite like to go to the Leeds show as the last time I saw them in Leeds (I’ve seen them a bunch of times since), they played the downstairs room in the Beckett University students union a couple of hundred metres down the road. Would be nice to see the growth from that night to this tour

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh im gonna go, hell of a step up in terms of venue sizes for a UK tour, a bit over ambitious?

Hard to say. Since Metallica went to #1 with Hard Wired To Self-Destruct, Ghost releases Prequelle which peaked at #6 on the album chart. The only metal band to chart higher than Ghost is Rammstein (#3), so they do have a following that’s for sure.

Depends on what sort of set for they go for with each venue. Nottingham seems to be a full set-up, but that’s a smaller arena than others. It’s as good a time as any to try and fill an arena coming off of supporting Metallica’s stadium tour

Edited by WyattSheepMask

No reason to not give the bigger venues a go though, they're certainly on the rise. They seem to be really polarising though. For every person I've found that loves them there's a good two or three that don't get it (myself included). They're common meme fodder on the doom groups.

9 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

This is totally shameless but my band have just announced an EP release for the end of August and it's up for pre-order. Got this track up at the moment and the doom/ sludge/ stoner fans who post in here might appreciate it

Any ideas of putting out a physical release? I've been buying cassettes a whole bunch lately.

Oh and just saw you're playing Doomlines, Terence is a good lad, met him as I was walking past a bunch of anime conventioneers and he came running up all "Is that a Batushka shirt!?!"