Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I wasn’t keen on the photos I’d seen prior, but in person it either looks better or I was blinded by excitement. Maybe I was just day drunk.

The bridge sign is pretty classy though

Posted

Eastside Projects has a free gallery on for the Home of Metal event that's worth a look, it's small but gorgeous and there's a room showing all three Decline of Western Civilization movies, again free.

  • Paid Members
Posted
30 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I wasn’t keen on the photos I’d seen prior, but in person it either looks better or I was blinded by excitement. Maybe I was just day drunk.

The bridge sign is pretty classy though

Yep, I like the sign too. Looks great. And I'd take day drunk as an excuse for anyone enjoying anything shoddy. Hell I once went saw Cinderella at Download, pissed up to the gills at noon, and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Posted

Tau Cross have been completely ditched by Relapse Records, they had an album coming out by them next month but the band thought it was a good idea to give thanks to a Holocaust denier in the notes. Apparently this guy was a big inspiration to Rob Miller of all people, you'd never expect that from someone who was in Amebix.

Posted

I've been reading about how he's been getting deeper and deeper into David Icke territory these past years and it shouldn't have been much of a surprise to anyone close to him.
Apparently it's kinda common for your old anarchists to go down this road as they get older.

 

Posted

Ghost have announced some U.K. arena dates for November-
Nov 16: Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
Nov 17: Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
Nov 18: Glasgow SSE Hydro
Nov 20: Dublin 3Arena, Ireland
Nov 22: London SSE Arena Wembley
Nov 23: Leeds First Direct Arena

Posted (edited)

I’m not overly familiar with All Them Witches, but Tribulation are very good.

Ive got a mate who lives in Nottingham so we’ll probably end up going to that one, but I’d quite like to go to the Leeds show as the last time I saw them in Leeds (I’ve seen them a bunch of times since), they played the downstairs room in the Beckett University students union a couple of hundred metres down the road. Would be nice to see the growth from that night to this tour

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh im gonna go, hell of a step up in terms of venue sizes for a UK tour, a bit over ambitious?

Hard to say. Since Metallica went to #1 with Hard Wired To Self-Destruct, Ghost releases Prequelle which peaked at #6 on the album chart. The only metal band to chart higher than Ghost is Rammstein (#3), so they do have a following that’s for sure.

Depends on what sort of set for they go for with each venue. Nottingham seems to be a full set-up, but that’s a smaller arena than others. It’s as good a time as any to try and fill an arena coming off of supporting Metallica’s stadium tour

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

No reason to not give the bigger venues a go though, they're certainly on the rise. They seem to be really polarising though. For every person I've found that loves them there's a good two or three that don't get it (myself included). They're common meme fodder on the doom groups.

Posted

This is totally shameless but my band have just announced an EP release for the end of August and it's up for pre-order. Got this track up at the moment and the doom/ sludge/ stoner fans who post in here might appreciate it.
 

 

Posted
9 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

This is totally shameless but my band have just announced an EP release for the end of August and it's up for pre-order. Got this track up at the moment and the doom/ sludge/ stoner fans who post in here might appreciate it

Any ideas of putting out a physical release? I've been buying cassettes a whole bunch lately.

Oh and just saw you're playing Doomlines, Terence is a good lad, met him as I was walking past a bunch of anime conventioneers and he came running up all "Is that a Batushka shirt!?!"

Posted

Tapes seem to be all the rage so that's the plan hopefully. The plan with the pre-order is to try and fund a tape/ CD run and some more merch.

Terence is indeed a good lad. Like an excited puppy that really loves doom.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...