WyattSheepMask Posted May 18, 2019 Posted May 18, 2019 Hey man, if you liked it that’s cool, it just didn’t connect with me. I hadn’t even clicked that they could do Black Rose with Danko each night, that would be good in all fairness Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted May 20, 2019 Paid Members Posted May 20, 2019 Really enjoyed the new SunnO))) album. Was disappointed by their previous, so this was a pleasant surprise. I wanted to call it a return to form, but "form" for them is being punishingly loud and willfully obtuse around 2006/7 when I first became aware of them, and being the most intense live act I've ever seen in '07. The new album is far more nuanced than that, and the intensity gives way to a more meditative, almost joyous, ecstatic feeling in places, which is quite exciting in terms of pointing to new directions in which the drone genre could move. Either way, it was spectacularly inappropriate listening for a sunny walk to the shops. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 20, 2019 Posted May 20, 2019 The new Full of Hell is a full forced kick in the face and I love it, it manages to switch up between death metal, hardcore, noise/industrial, grindcore and sludge so well and seamlessly. You can tell they've learnt a lot from the guys they've collabed with in the past like The Body and Merzbow, Quote
cobra_gordo Posted June 6, 2019 Posted June 6, 2019 Any metal podcast recommendations, particularly sludge/doom? Subscribed to Doom Tomb but struggling to find anything else that’s not shit. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 7, 2019 Posted June 7, 2019 I've been listening to local cosmic death metallers Mithras a whole lot this past week, fuck me they're good. I've always liked them but going back through their stuff I'm realising just how great they were, there's so much old school death metal revival stuff out now but this pair would blow them away if they were still recording. Quote
Arthur B. Funky Posted June 8, 2019 Posted June 8, 2019 If anyone is remotely interested, I can confirm that Triple-H & Steph are in Dublin tonight, for the Metallica gig at Slane Castle. Quote
Paid Members eugenespeed Posted June 8, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 8, 2019 A 1990s advert for a "punk" CD. Quote
Paid Members seph Posted June 9, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 9, 2019 Wow, Mustaine really needed the money... Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 12, 2019 Members Posted June 12, 2019 Fresh-Withdraw might just be my favourite album of the year. Really expanding their sound and just the loveliest people. Also just discovered a Welsh language band called Breichiau Hir, who whilst not understanding a word they’re saying are bloody great. Emo/post hardcore if that floats your boat Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 12, 2019 Posted June 12, 2019 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: Fresh-Withdraw might just be my favourite album of the year. Really expanding their sound and just the loveliest people. Also just discovered a Welsh language band called Breichiau Hir, who whilst not understanding a word they’re saying are bloody great. Emo/post hardcore if that floats your boat Alfa are another great up and coming welsh language band. Huge riffs. A bit Royal Blood-like. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 13, 2019 Author Paid Members Posted June 13, 2019 anyone seen the stuff online about Download? the site looks like a disaster because of the rain, poor fuckers. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 13, 2019 Posted June 13, 2019 Kerrang have made a list of the top 50 metal bands from the US this past decade and it's full of surprisingly heavy acts. https://www.kerrang.com/features/the-50-best-american-metal-bands-from-the-past-decade/ Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted June 14, 2019 Posted June 14, 2019 I really don't get the hype with Power Trip. Visigoth should be waaaay higher but that's still a decent list, can't think of any obvious omissions. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 14, 2019 Author Paid Members Posted June 14, 2019 Power Trip are fantastic, proper throwback and nothing new but their Nightmare Logic record is great. Outstanding live too. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 14, 2019 Posted June 14, 2019 I'd have had Come To Grief in there, like the former Grief they're horribly underappreciated. I'd imagine Subrosa would have made the list if they didn't just split up weeks ago. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.