The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

8 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

So I was planning to get some work done tonight, but now I’m going to do my discog list instead. 

The worst thing about doing the list is (on the app at least) it shows you how much your entire collection is worth which can be a bit depressing when you discover you could have bought a nice car or put a deposit on a house with it. But I'd never sell any of it. I always vowed to never to get rid of any of my music after bought - then quickly sold - a copy of The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails in 1999 because I was young and didn't "get it". 

I recommend downloading the app and doing your list with that as it has a barcode scanner which makes it a lot quicker. Especially when there are multiple presses of a certain record.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They to be pretty exclusively doing stadiums shows now, which if you’re their promoters or their agent means you’re absolutely rolling in it. 

They must be raking it in as a business, the show cant be cheap to set up and run but they have 2 different crews setting up in alternate places at the same time to keep the show rolling. They must kill it on merch too, the queues at the MK show were unlike ive ever seen, it was mental. 

7 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

They must be raking it in as a business, the show cant be cheap to set up and run but they have 2 different crews setting up in alternate places at the same time to keep the show rolling. They must kill it on merch too, the queues at the MK show were unlike ive ever seen, it was mental. 

And that’s just with what they have at the show, their webshop is something else. They play the merch game better than KISS do these days. Just in the ‘Whats New’section you can find Rammstein doormats and Rammstein ‘Zwinger’ Perfume, their own line of Wine and Rum, Rammstein dish towels etc.

It’s always been an intense & costly operation to take them out on the road, but they are a must-see

Edited by WyattSheepMask