The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Have I made this up or is there a Soulfly song where the chorus is just the words Soulfly and if so, what is the track?

Soulfly. (i think that's actually an instrumental..)

Edited by Merzbow

11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Soulfly. (i think that's actually an instrumental..)

Nah, it's not that. I might have misrembered but I swear I saw them live once and there was a song where Max just screamed "Soulflyyy" as the chorus, and it just popped into my head and now it's annoying me.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I am of course thinking of Head Up by Deftones.

Edited by SuperBacon
deftones are the greatest band ever

• Paid Members

yeh, Head Up by Deftones is the song. Pretty sure he performed that before Soulfly were even a band and nicked the bands name from the song.

As for Kreator, ive seen them play Bloodstock a few times and they are ridiculously good live. All the old thrash bands are so tight and such competent musicians that they just blow most newer bands out of the water. Overkill spring to mind too, just brilliant. They all seem to be putting out career best albums too after, its like the rise of the internet has revived all of them.

Ive seen 3 of the German Big 4 now with the exception of Tankard. If you goto Bloodstock year in year out you tend to see all those types of bands. 

Hoping to get to a date on that tour. Caught Testament on their run last year with Annihilator and it was great 

Mercyful Fate are back!

NEVER BREAK THE OATH

We will be playing an unspecified number of concerts throughout Europe during the summer of 2020, including COPENHELL.

It will be the “9” lineup, featuring:

Hank Shermann - Guitar
King Diamond - Vocals
Bjarne T Holm - Drums
Mike Wead - Guitar
with Joey Vera on the bass while Timi Hansen is away.

We asked Joey Vera (Armored Saint, Fates Warning) to fill in because he has a very unique style and sound playing with his fingers, much like that of Timi Hansen. This is very important, since the set list will only consist of songs from the very first “mini LP”, the “Melissa” album, and the “Don’t Break The Oath” album, plus some brand new songs written specifically in that very same style.

This will very much be Mercyful Fate as we were in the very beginning, except for a brand new major stage production.

See you at the Ruined Bridge.

Stay Heavy

Mercyful Fate

Edited by King Mal the Glorious

• Paid Members
On 8/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, SuperBacon said:

Funeral For A Friend are reuniting for 2 one off shows on October 28 and 29 (Cardiff and London) in aid of a friend of theirs who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Might have to go to both dates tbh 

May goto the Cardiff show. I went to their farewell run a few years back. They are playing with the original lineup too (minus the bassist), will be a good night.

• Paid Members

yeh, think thats the stuff anyone attending would want to hear. They were a big part of my late teens/early 20's. Caught them live a bunch during those times being a local band to me, was always great to see them blow up and do well for themselves. Shame it all went over the cliff later on, the fanbase never stuck with them.

• Paid Members
Just now, Egg Shen said:

yeh, think thats the stuff anyone attending would want to hear. They were a big part of my late teens/early 20's. Caught them live a bunch during those times being a local band to me, was always great to see them blow up and do well for themselves. Shame it all went over the cliff later on, the fanbase never stuck with them.

Their latter albums were great though. Welcome Home Armageddon, Conduit & Chapter & Verse were all really good records, it's just that they weren't seen as being current & many ignored them.

For years FFAF were one of those bands we'd always go & see whenever they toured. When they announced their farewell shows it was a bit frustrating as they played these massive shows & people were claiming to be upset they were kicking it in the head. Where were these fuckers when they were playing to 110 of us in Chester on a Thursday on the tour prior?