UK Kat Von D Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 My record collection. Since quitting drugs I’ve needed to refocus my addictive tendencies and this has been occupying me plenty. Anyone got any recommendations for me? Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 23, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2019 (edited) The first records I bought as soon as I got my old record player up and running were these; Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing Probably the best metal album of the 00's. Parkway Drive's 'Horizons' is almost on par. Jawbreaker - Dear You Tough to find, but worth every penny. Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All Incredible, modern emo album. That's it for now, as it's an expensive hobby and I'm fucking skint. I've got my eyes set on Circe Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo and Cursive - The Ugly Organ as my next purchases though. I've also got around 30 or so chart compilations from the 60's/70's/80's. I tend to pick these up for a few quid from carboot sales. The quality varies but it's fun to stack them up at parties and let the guests throw them on . Edited July 23, 2019 by Accident Prone Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 23, 2019 Members Posted July 23, 2019 22 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said: My record collection. Since quitting drugs I’ve needed to refocus my addictive tendencies and this has been occupying me plenty. Anyone got any recommendations for me? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 Never been a massive collector, mine is virtually all Rollins Band stuff. told this one is very rare, supposedly only 20 were made, but I’ve never been able to get that verified. This is from before AWK signed with Island Records/Universal Music Group and is still in the shrink-wrap, so probably the most interesting piece I own Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 23, 2019 Members Posted July 23, 2019 40 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said: That was magnificent If you’ve never seen it, the film is a big recommend Quote
UK Kat Von D Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 37 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: This is from before AWK signed with Island Records/Universal Music Group and is still in the shrink-wrap, so probably the most interesting piece I own I want this. I actually put in an offer on a first press “I Get Wet” earlier today. Fucking love Andrew WK Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 23, 2019 Author Paid Members Posted July 23, 2019 Not collecting vinyl is something that niggles at me. Especially at a time when everything is getting re-issued. Knowing my completist, obsessive tendencies though and having a young family i just cant justify if. Sometimes i go into HMV just to look at and hold the vinyl ? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 49 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said: I want this. I actually put in an offer on a first press “I Get Wet” earlier today. Fucking love Andrew WK Did manage to get one of the new Red reissues that he put out this week? Think they might just a few copies of The Wolf left now Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 23, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2019 I love Andrew WK, if only for the theories that he's not a real person but actually a concept, and that multiple people have 'played' him. Quote
UK Kat Von D Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 41 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Did manage to get one of the new Red reissues that he put out this week? Think they might just a few copies of The Wolf left now Nah I was late to the party on that one Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 24 minutes ago, Accident Prone said: I love Andrew WK, if only for the theories that he's not a real person but actually a concept, and that multiple people have 'played' him. That all stems from the ‘Steev Mike’ fiasco, I bet those people think it was a different Ultimate Warrior at WM8 too. I’ve met him a bunch of times, he’s the same guy Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 23, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2019 (edited) I love theories like that. It's proper madness how these folk connect small details to strengthen their theories. That's a rabbit hole that I'll definitely be indulging during lunch (Kenneth Williams.jpeg). Edited July 23, 2019 by Accident Prone Quote
Merzbow Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 6 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said: My record collection. Since quitting drugs I’ve needed to refocus my addictive tendencies and this has been occupying me plenty. Anyone got any recommendations for me? https://www.lavidaesunmus.com/ Possibly the best punk label in the UK right now, especially good for records from countries you'd not expect to find amazing punk. They have a Bandcamp too so you can preview everything first. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 23, 2019 Posted July 23, 2019 Here's my modest collection. Just over 300 records according to my Discogs list (which I still need to complete - https://www.discogs.com/user/wordsfromlee/collection?header=1&sort_by=artists_sort) Top row L-R: First two rock/punk/metal, hip-hop, funk/soul Bottom row L-R: rock/punk/metal, electronic, soundtracks/compilations, jazz/world/BBC sound effects The little pile is some 80's ambient and late 70's jazz fusion stuff that I bought recently and haven't got round to listening or organising yet. I could genuinely talk about this stuff for hours. It's the only thing that keeps me going in life. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.