The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Around the same time the house caught fire, the sheriff's office got a call about a burglary in progress at a nearby home on Windflower Circle. An arrest report shows O'Brien went in the house without permission and ignored orders from the family to leave.

A sheriff's office supervisor says O'Brien pushed a woman down inside the house then went into the backyard.

Deputies responding to the burglary found O'Brien hiding behind a fence near his home. They say O'Brien charged at them with a knife. Deputies then took him down and arrested him.

Slamdunk announced the Punk In Drublic stage for Slam Dunk. Got my tickets the day they came out and their page was getting bombarded with comments about how shit a lineup it is and that they'll regret moving away from Birmingham. This seems to have shut a few people up. All I need now is Poison The Well to suddenly decide they're playing.

Image may contain: 2 people

• Paid Members

yeh thats a tremendous little lineup, it'll appeal to the older market who may be put off by Slamdunks teeny bopper reputation. Having a stage all to themselves will bring in some naysayers, im even tempted to go myself.

Daft as fuck name for a promotion, sure. It's not stopping me seeing ENT and Discharge tho. I just wish they'd book some younger modern punk and hardcore in Birmingham, bands like Nekra go harder than many of those old white dudes.

Edited by Merzbow

Think I'll keep my eyes open for any "Warm up" gigs from that list.  Was thinking Me First and the Gimme Gimmes might do some dates if they're all over here at the same time.  When I saw them, Jay Bentley was on bass which was great as I love Bad Religion and hate Fat Mike.

Jared Threatin is now claiming that the European tour was all a publicity stunt and that he purposely wanted no one to turn up so his story could go viral. He's also saying that he was the one that tipped off the new sites under a fake account about how all his fans and comments weren't real. Apparently his missus filmed everything and they're making a documentary about the ordeal and he's supposedly having meeting with movie producers about turning the story into a film. Which is obviously all bollocks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/jered_threatin

At least Tommy Wiseau embraces his shambles and makes a living off of it. This guy is claiming that he “deliberately” enginerrred a fake tour to another continent in the hope that it failed and that the story got picked up online, which he had to do himself. And now Marty DiBergi has come calling? Yeah, there’s not of bullshit to any of that at all.

The only thing that got me from the whole thing was how he managed to book the venues that he did. Obviously they’re not the O2 or anything, but do the people that own/operate these venues not research whoever is looking to book them, or is it purely a room for hire and so long as you can cover costs they’ll let anyone in

Edited by WyattSheepMask