DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Got back from The Cornerhouse as they were showing Amour. Was advised to bring some tissues but couldn't see why until the scene where she got bathed. PHWOOORRR!

But no, a seriously good film with some powerful and moving scenes. Although going by the directors twitter account, you'd expect something a bit more light hearted

HIMYM is pretty harmless to be fair. Barney is the standout character, but the moment he stopped being Barney was the moment I stopped watching.

If you want to watch a good sitcom with great, funny characters and with the show only getting better with each season until the last (which was poor), then watch That 70's Show. It really is a decent show.

• Paid Members

I'm starting to develop a bit of a soft spot lately for True Movies.

Watched 'Stalking Laura'. If you've not seen it, and who will have? basically Jon Boy off the Waltons goes batshit sex case and in scenes reminiscent of Terminator, stomps through an office block shotgun in hand slaying any motherfucker who dare stand between him and Brooke Shields.

It's brilliant.

The channel is a fucking haven for 80's synth too. Had 'The Calendar Girl Murders' on while i did my ironing sunday afternoon. Hands down the sexiest music i've ever heard. 1984, Sharon Stone, Gino Santangelo off Lucky Chances and a Casio. What more could you ask for?

Can't find links to the music specifically, but there's two five minute clips on youtube and it's pretty constant throughout. Check it.