DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Watched two superhero films last night. First was Dredd.

I loved it. I loved the skylines they used, I loved the story too. The actor was pretty damn good in his role and the girl playing Anderson was very good as well. Really good film, if you haven't seen it yet do so.

After that I watched Punisher: War Zone. I wasn't expecting much but it really delivered. Stevenson's Punisher was pretty gritty and dark, the action scenes were pretty good and not too repetitive. As for the villians. I loved Billy and Jim, they were hammy as hell but fun with it. There 'recruitment' scenes were hilarious. Finally, perfect Soap portrayal. They didn't make him too tragic which was a shame but still that closing moment of the film can't fail but make you smile.

• Paid Members
As long as it's nothing like a Troma film.

It's pretty much like a Troma film. The documentary about it 'The Meltdown Memoirs' is on Netflix or Lovefilm I think & I found it far more enjoyable than the actual flick (which i turned off).

Just watched Judge Dredd-Stallone Version as it was Channel 5USA last night.

Not seen it in years, and to be honest, didn't mind it.

Thats not saying that I thought it was good in any way, its corny as hell (I lost count the number of times Dredd says "I knew you'd say that"). But I thought the actual story had poential to be really good, and I thought that when I saw it years ago. Take it for what it is and its moderately enjoyable. Its no worse than Batman & Robin and people look at that now with some degree of fondness for its cheesyness

Edited by KingOfMetal

Its no worse than Batman & Robin and people look at that now with some degree of fondness for its cheesyness

No, no and NO! Judge Dredd is an ok film with some enjoyable moments "DOUBLE WHAMMY!", Batman & Robin was an abortion from an otherwise decent series. It belongs on the same shelf as Rocky 5 & Balboa, and we never need mention them again.

BTW im really torn about getting DREDD, considering I liked the other version, would it be worth me borrowing this one before buying?

• Paid Members

Going Cinema with the misses tonight. We were going to was Les Mis but its been out for ages and we'll just watch a DVD copy next week. What's worth watching at the moment? I'm currently considering Cloud Atlas..

• Paid Members

I'd suggest Les Mis only because you'd probably enjoy it more on the big screen. First time I watched it was on a tiny screen I just couldn't get into it. Some cinemas have been showing the award winning films again and I got to see Silver Linings Playbook this week which was much better than I expected, or Argo of course.