DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Moderators

After the success of Distinguished Gentleman I also watched the John Candy romcom Delirious yesterday to see how that had aged. I only saw this once as a kid so my expectations were a bit lower..

..it still failed to meet them. It was even stupider than I remembered and I remember it being dumber than Who's Harry Crumb. It starts with an incredibly cheesy intro to set the scene, and despite all this I was surprised at how bad it was. You know it's bad when you're cringeing even though you're on your own.

I feel asleep so maybe it got amazing, but it seems unlikely.

• Paid Members

Yeah I loved American Reunion. I think a big part of it was seeing the first one when I was a teenager and loving it and feeling like it really spoke to me at the time aswell as having tons of great crude jokes and seeing the new one where the characters are all grown up and married just like me was very touching.

• Paid Members

Sorry to mention Hitchcock again, but after someone talked about how some of them had aged badly a few pages ago I watched The Birds again last night. Christ almighty did that look dated, to the extent where I found it tough to watch without laughing every time the birds attack someone. Also I can't work out what it is, but I just don't like Tippi Hedren for some reason. She seems to exude this sense of unpleasant cockiness in The Birds, not just self confidence, but more "you're a bit up yourself aren't you?".

Going to continue the Hitchcock theme by watching Dial M for Murder later, another one which I haven't watched in a few years.

Edited by Gus Mears

I've been watching and working my way through How I Met Your Mother on DVD. Seriously, how the FUCK did I go years without paying any attention to this amazing show? Painfully good.

Used to love this show, but I found it went downhill from about Season 4. They're on Season 8 now and I barely even watch it any more.

• Paid Members
Troll gif

Yep. Have we decided if TheShowOff is FamilyGuyPMSL or 'seasider' yet?

Sorry to mention Hitchcock again, but after someone talked about how some of them had aged badly a few pages ago I watched The Birds again last night. Christ almighty did that look dated, to the extent where I found it tough to watch without laughing every time the birds attack someone. Also I can't work out what it is, but I just don't like Tippi Hedren for some reason. She seems to exude this sense of unpleasant cockiness in The Birds, not just self confidence, but more "you're a bit up yourself aren't you?".

Kinda the point of the character.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members
I've been watching and working my way through How I Met Your Mother on DVD. Seriously, how the FUCK did I go years without paying any attention to this amazing show? Painfully good.

The only word in that post that is true is "painfully". It's a horrible show and you are a horrible person for watching it.