DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
I suppose if that sort of thing impresses you then fair enough.

Not so much "impressed" as "satisfied my curiosity", for want of a better phrase. I rather enjoy seeing odd and out-of-left-field treatments of unrelated subject matter or settings.

• Paid Members

As Steve Jobs briefly mentioned it there, what's our least favourite films? I absolutely despise Easy Rider, just a terrible self indulgent piece of shit, the only good point is Jack Nicholson but I do have to give the film credit for getting me into Jack Nicholson films, I do understand it's probably very of it's time aswell

• Paid Members
My least favourite film ever is Hancock with Will Smith, it's fucking dreadful (unsurprisingly)

I really enjoyed the first half of that, seen it in the cinema and liked the idea of Bateman trying to sort out his public image etc but the second half was awful, probably the most shocking and stupidest twist iv'e ever seen in a film.

• Paid Members

I thought Brick was magnificent. One of those flicks that gets better with each viewing. The lingo can be a bit jarring and pretentious at times (akin to Swingers), but I loved the whole Detective noir set in school, buzz it had.

Making it sound like Bugsy Malone here, but it's really not. It could be on the same tree as Twin Peaks, in my opinion.

I watched The Collection. Wasn't as bad as I thought to be fair, and I like Josh Stewart's character.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
I also thought it started well, but I think "first half" is probably still being too generous. Maybe first half hour.

You're probably right I haven't seen it since, just remember enjoying the first bit and then being so utterly shocked by what transpired, I hadn't seen trailers or anything so was going in totally blind.