What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

The acting during Tuesday's EastEnders was fucking shocking. 

Just during Tuesday's? Here's one, the BBC have uploaded the first year of episodes of Eastenders onto youtube. Shit's gritty as. It's certainly bleak.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I was absolutely blown away when I discovered that Denis Norden was still alive as a result of this. In my head, he was about 95 during IBAOTN which would have made him 120 by this point. Just a spry and nimble 94 as it turns out.

We went to watch an episode of countdown being filmed when I was in school and he was in dictionary corner. They had to halt filming twice because he needed a wee. That is my Dennis Norden story.

Watched some of Young Hyacinth, but didn't like it.

On the other hand, I found Til Death Do Us Part hilarious, had a simple storyline and the jokes weren't nothing groundbreaking yet but I think it harked back to a time when comedy didn't rely on too much gimmickry, so it all clicked. I think the casting of Alf was good too he had his mannerisms down pat. Simon Day's also hilarious as Brian Pern (the fictional Peter Gabriel type Rock star) but it's all down to what type of humour you like. So far Til Death Do Us Part is my favorite remake, Goodnight Sweetheart is at 2, Porridge at 3. I'd like to see more TDDUP but with a better set. I think they should remake/bring back Steptoe with Harold & his son but I don't know who could be as good as Harry H Corbett as he was great as 'Aorld.

Watched some of Young Hyacinth, but didn't like it.

On the other hand, I found Til Death Do Us Part hilarious, had a simple storyline and the jokes weren't nothing groundbreaking yet but I think it harked back to a time when comedy didn't rely on too much gimmickry, so it all clicked. I think the casting of Alf was good too he had his mannerisms down pat. Simon Day's also hilarious as Brian Pern (the fictional Peter Gabriel type Rock star) but it's all down to what type of humour you like. So far Til Death Do Us Part is my favorite remake, Goodnight Sweetheart is at 2, Porridge at 3. I'd like to see more TDDUP but with a better set. I think they should remake/bring back Steptoe with Harold & his son but I don't know who could be as good as Harry H Corbett as he was great as 'Aorld.

I really didn't like TDDUP. I like Simon Day, but I didn't laugh once during it.

They have done a one-off Steptoe and Son:

Jeff Rawle (Drop The Dead Donkey) and Ed Coleman (Pride) will re-create one of the most successful double acts in the history of British television, playing Albert Steptoe and his son Harold respectively. The episode A Winter’s Tale sees Harold desperate to go on a skiing holiday - but he doesn’t want Albert there, under any circumstances.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the lost sitcoms is a three parter. It's Hancock's Half Hour this Thursday.

I watched Goodnight Sweetheart for a second time. Still really enjoyed it. The stuff about the "canned" laughter is fucking nonsense though. It's an audience recorded at a screening. They laugh a bit at the amusing bits and a lot at the in jokes that they clearly enjoyed. The only joke they seemed to enjoy a lot more than me was Reg's "Hit me with your rhythm stick" stuff.

• Paid Members

Fleabag is brilliant!

Only seen the first two but I really like it too so far. Brilliantly acted and beautifully shot. I like the way they didn't throw the story so far at you from the off too. There's a reward for watching as you find out what's going on but it's not so complicated that you can't be arsed.

• Paid Members

Just a heads up, series 3 of People Just Do Nothing has started, available on-demand and online every Wednesday (episode 4 today) with them being shown the week after on BBC2 (episode 3 tonight).

My girlfriend was an extra in this. That is all.

• Paid Members

The audience laughter always seemed to add to The IT Crowd as well. My favourite scene, when they go to the theatre and Moss ends up working behind the bar- the timing of that bit along with the audience absolutely dying is perfect. Comedy timing at its very, very best that scene.

Never got around to watching the IT Crowd, but I've had the day off sick and I'm halfway through series 2. It's very, very funny. The second half of that theatre episode is incredible.