UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Not WWF/E, but WCW Hardcore Champion Meng turning up at the 2001 Royal Rumble having never lost that belt must’ve been a mindfuck for someone who watched both shows at the time.

I bloody loved that 2001 Haku run... or at least I tried my best to. Shame they couldn’t make more of it at the time - I don’t know what that would have been but glad as I was to be able to watch him on Channel 4, he shouldn’t have been stuck on Heat most weeks within a month or two or returning.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Haku suffered with timing, I think - they bought WCW not long after he debuted, and he just got lost in the shuffle. Aside from a couple of backstage segments in the APA's "office" when they were rallying the troops against WCW, I don't think he ever popped up during the Invasion. Didn't help that he got stuck with Rikishi during his heel run for much of the time before that, and most of that time feuding with the Brothers of Destruction when they thought they could get Undertaker over as the top babyface.

He definitely deserved more. I'd have had him in the Hardcore division mixing it up with the likes of Rhyno, at the very least.

Haku on Heat did lead to one of my favourite bits of commentary ever, though, from Michael Hayes - Haku was fighting some jobber, and Hayes said that you had to admire the guy's heart, because he'd seen people show up to the building, see that they were scheduled to face Haku, and just walk right back out the door. Not knowing the stories about Haku's reputation at the time, that line immediately sold him to me as an absolute monster.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Haku suffered with timing, I think - they bought WCW not long after he debuted, and he just got lost in the shuffle. Aside from a couple of backstage segments in the APA's "office" when they were rallying the troops against WCW, I don't think he ever popped up during the Invasion. Didn't help that he got stuck with Rikishi during his heel run for much of the time before that, and most of that time feuding with the Brothers of Destruction when they thought they could get Undertaker over as the top babyface.

He definitely deserved more. I'd have had him in the Hardcore division mixing it up with the likes of Rhyno, at the very least.

Haku on Heat did lead to one of my favourite bits of commentary ever, though, from Michael Hayes - Haku was fighting some jobber, and Hayes said that you had to admire the guy's heart, because he'd seen people show up to the building, see that they were scheduled to face Haku, and just walk right back out the door. Not knowing the stories about Haku's reputation at the time, that line immediately sold him to me as an absolute monster.

Same, actually - I saw that Heat run before I heard any stories regarding his reputation, but I was immediately convinced by it that Haku was a double-tough bastard. That series of super-quick strikes he'd do in the corner and his general demeanor helped with that too, of course.

The more I think about it, the more I wished they'd done more with him. Or that he'd come in at a different time.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

WWE never release an order. 

Ok cool cheers.

After the show could someone post the order spoiler free of course?