UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

34 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Aye. It goes into the story of the event rather than the card. The WM1 show concentrates on the main event. Haven't watched the others yet.

The network will be premiering the following this week. Wrestlemania Theatre looks interesting.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/wwe-network-2018-collections?sf185906117=1&__twitter_impression=true

They had something similar on their YouTube channel recently with a ā€˜Directorā€™s Cutā€™ of Brock v Undertaker from 30.

Im going to check out that Andre collection for sure. For a man so revered in the industry, Iā€™ve seen far too little of his work

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Iā€™m going to sign up for the Network to watch Mania, but I havenā€™t watched any wrestling since the last Mania. Have there been any must see matches in the last year that I should catch up on?Ā 

Depends what your looking for really. Pete Dunne v Tyler Bate from NXT Takeover:Chicago was voted match of the year, Drew McIntryeĀ v Oney Lorcan from NXT #387 is one of the best 5 minute TV matches from last year, they knocked lumps out of each other and was Drewā€™s first match back with the company.Ā Ā NXT War Games from November hasĀ a great match inĀ Alister Black v Velveteen Dream.Ā 

From the main roster, the four way match for the Universal Title at Summerslam is great fun. Pretty much anything involving AJ Styles is worth watching, and John Cena v Shinsuke Nakamura from Smackdown #937 was really good and didnā€™t burn away a potential PPV run between the pair if they want to do it. Reigns v Cena could have made them alot of money at Wrestlemania, but they did it at No Mercy instead in what was an enjoyable match.

TheĀ start of 2018 has been decent, Andrade AlmasĀ v Johnny Gargano is highly praised from Takeover:Philadelphia (the whole showĀ is very good from top to bottom) and the menā€™s Royal Rumble is very good too. The epic Gauntlet match (goes around 1hr47minutes inĀ total) building towards Elimination Chamber from RAW #1291 is loads of fun too.

Im sure there a tonne Iā€™ve missed that others could recommend, but those are my picks from the top of my head

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
On 31/03/2018 at 11:10 PM, Kamaras-Tash said:

Which are the best Saturday Night Main Events?

Has to be the one Hogan loses the title. You have that music package (with Jake Roberts music) at the beginning for a start, then you have Savage vs Honky, then Hogan and Andre.

I've also got an affinity for the episode where Slaughter is facing Warrior in a rematch and the Undertaker comes out of a coffin, Taker stares at the Warrior and Warrior looks like he's just shat himself. Must have happened between Jan 91 and Mar 91.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Maikeru said:

Why did Steve Austin not only look, but also SOUND completely different (almost like another person) when he was in WCW in the early 90s compared to the WWF Attitude Era?

In the WWF he wasn't trying to hide his Texan drawl whereas in WCW he was billed as being from Cali.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

According to the network schedule on the app, yes. 10pm- Pre-Show, Midnight-5am - Wrestlemania

Good man, cheers. Attempting to plan what time I will need to go for a sleep at, to still give myself time to go out to pick up food and be back for the start of the Pre-show. It's going to be a long night, so a take away is a must I think.Ā 

Am I going mad? I am writing a wrestling quiz and I am sure in the past I came over a titbit that Bray Wyatt got his name from Stand by Me (If not that another Stephen King inspired film) where the radio announcer says "...and this song goes out to Bray Wyatt and his sister Abigail"

I have tried googling to confirm this and I cannot find anything. Have I completely made this up? I am looking at @Astro HollywoodĀ to answer this after his brilliant dissection of the character on his blog.Ā 

• Awards Moderator

According to the man himself @Glenryck Pilchards

"His nickname, as the self-proclaimed ā€˜Eater of Worlds,ā€™ is a line from Stephen Kingā€™s murderous space-clown novel,

It. In it (or, ā€œin Itā€), Pennywise the Dancing Clown says of himself: ā€œI am the eater of worlds, and of children.ā€"

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/dissecting-bray-wyatt/

53 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Am I going mad? I am writing a wrestling quiz and I am sure in the past I came over a titbit that Bray Wyatt got his name from Stand by Me (If not that another Stephen King inspired film) where the radio announcer says "...and this song goes out to Bray Wyatt and his sister Abigail"

I have tried googling to confirm this and I cannot find anything. Have I completely made this up? I am looking at @Astro HollywoodĀ to answer this after his brilliant dissection of the character on his blog.Ā 

Ive just had a skim through Stand By Me and thereā€™s nothing from any radio announcer dedicating a song to anyone unless itā€™s hidden underĀ dialogue in the actual scene, so Iā€™m reckoning that to be aĀ wrestling urban legend

Re: WWE owning the trademark to wrestlers names. How much could someone that got released and didn't own their name take the piss on their new name? Could Ryback have gone with Ryan Back? Or Ryebaq? Could Jack Swagger go for Jax Whagger? Or does the trademark preclude this kind of shenanigans?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, hallicks said:

Re: WWE owning the trademark to wrestlers names. How much could someone that got released and didn't own their name take the piss on their new name? Could Ryback have gone with Ryan Back? Or Ryebaq? Could Jack Swagger go for Jax Whagger? Or does the trademark preclude this kind of shenanigans?

Well Eugene wrestled on the independent circuit as ā€œU-Geneā€, and Hornswoggle now goes by ā€œSwoggleā€.