UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

That’s disappointing. Was hoping for a “Fifth flatmate in The Young Ones”-type conspiracy.

“Did you know there was a werewolf in WCW in the late ‘90s?”

”WHAT?! Why’s no one seen this until now?”

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I know this is a weird one, but have Roger Daltrey and Hulk Hogan ever starred in anything together? I had this weird, bizarre dream were they were acting together. Thanks a lot!

No, but Daltrey and Paul Hogan have. You were having a ‘mare and were getting your Hogans mixed up.

It does sound like something Hulk would make up, similar to his claims of being passed over for the George Forman Grill and Mr Freeze in Batman & Robin:

"I was supposed to play Crocodile Dundee, but the casting agent called the wrong Hogan brother"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Not sure where to put this, might be it's more for the UK events sub section,but can anyone tell me what to expect from this show?

http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/tickets/superstars-of-wrestling-burgess-hill/10046148

Not sure what company it is, but it's local and would be up for going if it's not shitarse level stuff (it looks like it could well be good family friendly, decent stuff based on the posters up locally) as it doesn't have a promotion listed. Just says  'Superstars of Wrestling' and 'As seen on TV' on the posters.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm likely walking into?

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

No, but Daltrey and Paul Hogan have. You were having a ‘mare and were getting your Hogans mixed up.

I've got a funny feeling Hogan (Hulk) and Daltrey might have met in an episode of "Thunder in Paradise".

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Certainly felt that way in late 90s WCW. Observer would comment on it frequently. 

Starrcade 99 has a particularly loathesome run of screwy finishes. Doubt its every match but its horrific.

• Paid Members

Starrcade 2000 - the only matches that you could argue had "clean" finishes were already No DQ/Hardcore matches that ended with weapons anyway, so depends on your mileage there, but every match had either a non-finish, a run-in, a weapon shot, or all of the above factor in to the finish.

There are probably other WCW shows around the same time that fit the bill, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a WWF show or two around '98 and '99 that do too.

• Paid Members

Here's what I meant about Starrcade 99 - turns, interference, cheap dqs, brass knucks, a commentator (Shane Douglas) scoring a pin, Kevin Nash winning the powerbomb match because he said so, and a Montreal rehash in the main. Awful.

At least the opener was clean.