The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

• Paid Members
Just now, Your Fight Site said:

Pray tell…?

Don't want to ruin it for you, because it's a genuine mark-out moment when you realise just who it is. All I will say is it's someone you probably know, but from wayyyyy out of left-field.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Don't want to ruin it for you, because it's a genuine mark-out moment when you realise just who it is. All I will say is it's someone you probably know, but from wayyyyy out of left-field.

Interesting, I'm still dipping in and out of the New 52 and haven't really touched Rebirth since the initial issue. How is it best read? Usually i'd be inclined to just read Batman and maybe pick up something else when I fancy a change. How's Rebirth best read?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, DEF said:

Interesting, I'm still dipping in and out of the New 52 and haven't really touched Rebirth since the initial issue. How is it best read? Usually i'd be inclined to just read Batman and maybe pick up something else when I fancy a change. How's Rebirth best read?

Somebody as riddled with completist OCD as I am is in no position to tell you really, as I just read as much as I could before I realised my approach was getting me nowhere and just fast-forwarded. 

So i was a huge fan of M.A.S.K in the 80's. To my delight i heard that the comic books have been revived.

I avoided all spoilers and purchased issue number 1.

The main character (Matt Trakker) in the original cartoon was blonde, widowed and had a son.

Now he is black !!

I don't know what to think, its a bit of a head fuck as there is so much nostalgia but i just can't get over the fact that they have decided to make him Black.

• Paid Members

Well, I can see it being a bit of a shock if you were a big fan of the older books and you had how the character is "supposed" to look in your head, but you'll get used to it because it doesn't really matter, does it?

• Paid Members

Top Shelf have just announced a new League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen for Summer 2018, and it sounds like an absolute corker.

Set in 2996, while released alongside black-and-white '60s style "Silver Stars" comics, and being advertised as both Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill's final comic book, a love letter to the medium, and an exploration of the possibilities offered by comic books, and their reasons for retiring, as well as tying up all the loose ends from the main League series, the Nemo spin-offs, and the Black Dossier.

It's probably my favourite comic series of all time, and I'm a big Alan Moore fan, so I'm really bloody excited by this.

• Paid Members

It's alright. Only about four episodes long, and oddly paced. A little more violent and "adult" than I expected, and seems to end just as the story's getting started. I'm assuming more is coming, because it all feels like a precursor to a proper series.

It was pretty much "We have next to no money, let's make this short and just pray they offer us something more concrete", they went into it knowing there was a chance we'd be left with a story just starting and nothing more. Luckily they were given a second season the day of release.

But yeah, it's not bad and there seems to be some influence from Berserk (the comic and 90's cartoon, not the new CGI shitshow) which would help explain why it's so violent and bloody.

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 months later...