The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

[quote name="LazyMcLopez" post="3031097" timestamp="1470777457

Has anyone been reading Ringside? It's ostensibly about pro wrestling although there's not been much of it featured so far.

I read the first story arc, and it was fairly decent. The second arc is just about to be begin too, so I'll stick with it for now

• Paid Members

[quote name="LazyMcLopez" post="3031097" timestamp="1470777457

Has anyone been reading Ringside? It's ostensibly about pro wrestling although there's not been much of it featured so far.

I read the first story arc, and it was fairly decent. The second arc is just about to be begin too, so I'll stick with it for now

Strangely enough, I came across a Ringside graphic novel when I was in Waterstones the other day. Had a quick flick through but didn't really like the artistic style.

What's the deal with it? Is it published as an ongoing issue format and what I'd have been flicking through a collection? I thought it was just a one-shot graphic novel.

Has anyone read the Squirrel Girl comic? I only have the 1st issue so far but it's a hoot and charming as all hell. But there's one thing, there seems have been a reboot right in the middle of the series and it's left me a tad confused as it went back to number 1.

• Paid Members

Started reading Transmetropolitan. It's great. I mean, you guys already know that. And that one screen where he talks about lies being truth and news being obsolete in one of the early issues - well, pretty fitting for the world were in.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

It was slim pickings at my library so I read the Death of Wolverine; I wasn't expecting much but it still disappointed. I hate it when they kill off big characters anyway but this was particularly weak, a totally run of the mill Wolverine story that he was suddenly dead at the end of. Has he come back yet?

It was slim pickings at my library so I read the Death of Wolverine; I wasn't expecting much but it still disappointed. I hate it when they kill off big characters anyway but this was particularly weak, a totally run of the mill Wolverine story that he was suddenly dead at the end of. Has he come back yet?

Sort of. Marvel did a big reboot/retcon event last year which allowed them to pick and choose characters from various timelines and universes into one ongoing timeline, in Wolverine's case they have brought the 'Old Man Logan' character from his universe into the main Marvel Universe, so he's alive, but is an old man who killed all the X-Men in his own timeline. X23 (a female clone of Logan) is the current Wolverine, her comic is ok, but it's nothing special.

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone read the Squirrel Girl comic? I only have the 1st issue so far but it's a hoot and charming as all hell. But there's one thing, there seems have been a reboot right in the middle of the series and it's left me a tad confused as it went back to number 1.

They dropped the series for the big crossover/reboot and then started it again afterwards. Same thing happened with Howard The Duck. They're both great reads, although Howard has been dropped again shortly after the Animal House crossover with Squirrel Girl. I'd also Recommend Gwenpool if you're into those slightly left field sideways glance style comics that aren't afraid to play hard and fast with conventions.

Has anyone been getting the fortnightly Transformers UK hardbacks? They are costly at a tenner but the four I'm very bought have been good to fantastic reads.

Roll on the complete Time Wars in hardback form.

Plus has anyone read the Judge Dredd files? Are they worth getting?

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

Has anyone been getting the fortnightly Transformers UK hardbacks? They are costly at a tenner but the four I'm very bought have been good to fantastic reads.

Roll on the complete Time Wars in hardback form.

I've recently signed up for the subscription service. Waiting for the third issue to be delivered. Picked up the first two from WH Smiths. Absolute bargain at the introductory prices. Target 2006, Book 1,was £1.99!

Still good value even at full price. Plus you get free gifts if you subscribe. A little concerned that the next issue hasn't arrived yet. Especially as I have seen it in some shops.I highly recommend picking up the first two if they are still available at the shops. The quality is impressive.

http://www.transformerscollection.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA8orFBRCEpODivaOft_EBEiQAy3mlfQGy9dd8G7qHFbdBowSyuE7NT5bQ1s3GS2iLJEaIKJQaAi758P8HAQ

World War Hulk is fun. To whoever was asking about Hulk books.

Edited by BigJag