The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• 3 months later...

With Terry Wogan unfortunately passing away, it brought his interviews up on TV, and forum favourite David Icke popped up. I've just wiki'd him, to learn some more about him and some of the stuff he believes in is just bonkers.

The whole "lizard people from the draco nebula" or whatever, is just nuts. I wouldn't mind, but surely that's him looking at constellations and thinking 'What would a plausible place for lizard people to come from? The one shaped like a giant lizard/dragon......'.

Oh, and the moon is a giant person controlling satellite? Answers on a postcard please 

My favourite thing - only thing - I like about David Icke is that his fans are almost all the same people who are totally against capitalism and poor working conditions and yet will happily use Facebook on their iPhone, sit in Starbucks on their Apple Mac, or buy a packet of British American cigs. You can spot his fans a mile off, I love winding them up. They're so easy to set up as well, you just start by dropping hints about lizards and chemtrails and the Illuminati, and just as they're about to bite, you make a joke about how stupid people must be to buy into that shit.

I have a conspiracy theory of my own that David Icke knows exactly what he's doing, and has dedicated his life to taking advantage of the more stupid elements of society for his own (not inconsiderable) financial gain.

He plays the game far too well.

• Paid Members

I watched a David Icke conference thing a few years ago (on Netflix possibly?) and it just got crazier and crazier as it went on. There was only one point that I could sort of understand and agree with, but other then that it was mental.

His Wikipedia page makes for some slightly surreal reading, going to have to watch the Wogan interviews later

The problem is if he did come out and essentially say he's played them all for mugs to get their cash they'd just assume the lizard people had got to him.

So true and I'm pretty sure that something like that actually happened when a truther changed his views once. The story was flooded with comments saying that "they" had gotten to him and other mental stuff.

Can't find the video right now but Jesse Ventura making David "it's all in my book" Icke storm off in a sulk was a good laugh.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...