UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Can anyone tell me the date of the MSG event when Gorilla Monsoon burst our laughing when one of the wrestlers slipped off the apron and nearly landed on the commentary table? Think it was a show from either 1990 or 1991. The commentators seemed to have so much fun on those shows!

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

I would say it took some time in 02 for it to become prestigious. Michaels Vs HBK did a good job of pushing it into legit world title areas. However then the Steiner and booker feud dropped it down with it not recovering till maybe Goldberg through Benoits win (small drop during his run) and then became a top again by Mania. What with JBL holding the WWE belt in Then with the switch of brands it was probably even till 06 when definitely the WWE belt had more prestige. I think that really stayed looking at the feuds from then with maybe being equal around WM24 and summer 09 but even when briefly back on Raw for me it felt second rate.

By about 2010 it was definitely secondary with the Swaggers and Zigglers holding it

I want to say he hit Spike Dudley with one the night he debuted

Brilliant stuff! WWE has the clip on YouTube and he does indeed do a triple powerbomb (had a strange urge to watch something with one in). What an absolutely incredible debut all round that was!

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. Will track down the Backlash match as well. I had an inkling Jericho used to do it, but he must have been limited on who he could do it to.

• Paid Members

I want to say he hit Spike Dudley with one the night he debuted

Brilliant stuff! WWE has the clip on YouTube and he does indeed do a triple powerbomb (had a strange urge to watch something with one in). What an absolutely incredible debut all round that was!

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. Will track down the Backlash match as well. I had an inkling Jericho used to do it, but he must have been limited on who he could do it to.

I remember Jericho having it on the first SmackDown! game (as it was limited as to what situations you could do finishers in) and being perplexed having never seen Jericho do it in a real match. Also nuts that you could hit it on say, Big Show. Edited by Your Fight Site

Wrestlemania 2000 had it as the BEST FINISHER EVER! Five of those powerbombs, followed by a DVD. A move only bettered in WWE 13" by my finisher of 5 low blows followed by a headbutt.

No mercy had an awesome glitch where if you held the analogue stick a certain direction they would just continue the powerbombs/germans. I'd usually get bored after about 25.

Can anyone recommend any matches that have a triple powerbomb in (as in powerbomb *lift back up* powerbomb *lift back up* powerbomb) or jog my memory for anyone who uses them as a signature spot/finisher?

Brian Cage used it vs Puma last time out and is part of his 'move set' (shudder)