Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I forgot to pre-order it, no biggie, but is there anywhere in particular to buy that has any bonus goodies with it?

Unless you wanted a steel book version there weren't any great offers on anywhere. Just go and pick it up from your local supermarket.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

In London for the next two days. Anything worth seeing on literally zero budget. Staying in Covent Garden, not doing underground, on foot.

The Monument is underrated. Costs about £4 to go up it but the story around the outside is interesting.

See if you can get in the Sky Garden (free).

As the weather's nice, walk along from Southwark station to Tower Bridge and along the river. Really pretty, plus have a look around the Golden Hinde. And then you're not far from the fab Borough Market.

You're also a short walk from British Museum which is completely free, and contains many amazing things like sections of the Parthenon, Cleopatra's body and the Elgin Marbles, plus other things we stole preserved for antiquity.

• Paid Members

Don't get ripped off by instructors asking for a higher hourly rate for intensive training, an hour is an hour.

I block booked twenty hours and had a two hour lesson every week day for two weeks.

In London for the next two days. Anything worth seeing on literally zero budget. Staying in Covent Garden, not doing underground, on foot.

You'll be very close to the London Transport Museum, not sure how much/if it costs to get in but its in Covent Garden Piazza near the markets where Shake Shack is.

• Paid Members

Fun fact, I used to know a fella who worked nights there on security, and he would rollerblade all around the empty museum and watch DVDs. Sounded like a pretty sweet gig tbh.

If the exhibits didn't come to life at least once, I don't want to know.

That's an episode of Thomas The Tank Engine that I don't need to see.

• Paid Members

Someone at work has it. She stops breathing 17 times every hour when she sleeps. Apparently 8 times is fairly normal (!).

They gave her a mask to use at night which I guess keeps the oxygen flowing, but she couldn't sleep with it on so gave it back and is now trying something new.

Archived