Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Cheers Rey, forgot to add she needs one with a disc drive.

Maybe this one then, which seems decent enough though I'm not a fan of AMD processors. they have improved a lot over recent years. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-5000-15-6-Inch-Notebook/dp/B01N30SQUL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496007814&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=DELL%2BInspiron%2B15%2B5000&th=1

• Paid Members

Sure, but being able to boot up in like five seconds and faster loading times is still nice to have. Although since he's on a budget, yeah, he'd be better off spending that cash on RAM. 

• Paid Members

Anyone have any experience raising really young kittens? We took in a two-week-old kitten on Friday, and although she's generally doing very well - she's packed on over 2oz this weekend, to go from dangerously underweight to a good amount above the minimum weight - there's no sign of her eyes opening yet. No discharge or anything, and the eyes don't look crusty, wondering if she was malnourished when we got her and she's just catching up. 16 days old now.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice about a work/union issue?

The union asked people to fill in a confidential survey to do with a with issue. Although the form required you enter your job title and I think mine makes me fairly identifiable. 

Is there any sort of precedence for asking a union to remove information you have supplied? 

So they shouldn't be able to say, for example, "a supervisor feels that there should be more free ice creams"?

That's my concern. If they say my position in the branch it's quite clear it's me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

One of the suggestions I've heard is to replace some dosages with over counter herbal alternatives such as calms. On their own, calms don't work for a lot if people, but it can work when coming off stronger medication whether for sleeping of anxiety.

I suppose it depends on 'how' you're reducing. Have you gone from having it every night to having it just as and when? If so, it's not advised. Try reducing to alternative days, then after a month try 1/3 days etc. Let your body adjust whilst still having continuity.

Archived