Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

From what I understand, you're supposed to use a distilled water/salt solution, to avoid said parasites. I've not used one, but I've had it recommended to me as a fix for my hayfever. Can't bring myself to buy one and try it though; a bit daunting.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If you want clear nasal passages go with Neil meds. 

I use one due to sinusitis, it helps a lot.

Boil water, put in the provided pint bottle, pop in one of the sachets, bend over your bath, squirt half the bottle up one nostril, repeat for the other, gentle blow and a proper dinner.

It's Fucking awful as you're squirting salty water up your Barry, however, it feels great afterwards.

You can get it from boots, looks like this:

nb-sinusrinse_IMAGE2.jpg

• Paid Members

Yes, it came with some salt to make a solution with, in a tiny little pouch like a mini protein powder bag. It's quite sweet. I have actually used it once to try it out, it wasn't the most pleasant experience I've ever had, but it wasn't awful either. 

A buyer on eBay has opened up a case about an item I sold them. I sent it recorded delivery to a business address and the tracking is showing it has been delivered and signed for (although the name is different to the name I sent it to). They're saying they don't recognise the name and that they don't have it. 

Am I going to lose this case even though I have proof of delivery? I'm standing to lose £120 if so. 

• Paid Members

This exact same thing has happened to me in reverse this week as I'm the one supposed to be receiving the parcel in this case. It wasn't fucking Hermes you used, was it Steve?

• Paid Members

I had this in reverse last Christmas and ebay found in the sellers favour. I had to claim off Royal Mail and didn't get my money back for almost 8 weeks. It also cost me money as the item was for a gift and the only replacement I could find was for a fair bit more money...

• Paid Members

As Sainsburys has a 25% discount on a load of Lego stuff at the moment, I bulk bought so it can go in the attic for a few years until young Digby's old enough to play with it. Was Lego always so expensive? I don't remember it being considered an expensive toy when I was a kid (at least until the space monorail came along).

That said, where generally is the best place to buy Lego these days? Is it just a case of catching a sale somewhere because prices are all pretty similar, or is there anywhere online that's particularly good?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

As Sainsburys has a 25% discount on a load of Lego stuff at the moment, I bulk bought so it can go in the attic for a few years until young Digby's old enough to play with it. Was Lego always so expensive? I don't remember it being considered an expensive toy when I was a kid (at least until the space monorail came along).

That said, where generally is the best place to buy Lego these days? Is it just a case of catching a sale somewhere because prices are all pretty similar, or is there anywhere online that's particularly good?

It's always been quite expensive. It was £15 a set in those old 80s Argos catalogues you can view online. I remember the technic sets being extortionate. The only real difference now is the added cost of licenced sets  

As far as best places to get it, There's no one place that's super cheap. Toys r us does a weekend in November with 25% off everything where people blitz the Lego section, they also price match and usually have more stock than other places. Smyths do big discounts as well. There's decent groups on Facebook to follow that get updated a lot. 

• Moderators

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere recently that their profit margins haven't really changed on Lego sets over the years, and any increase in prices is down to licensing costs, e.g. from Disney.

I think the games and the films probably have a much healthier margin.

Coincidentally I have dusted off the giant bag full of all my childhood Lego, because my nephews have finally come of age. They're super excited to play with it this weekend..

• Paid Members

B&M do a naff version called Mega Blocks or similar. They do sets too and it's better than the pound shop stuff. However, you know it's not real and it feels cheap. But for a large cops and robbers set with cars included, you're talking £5.

I think there's that perfect age which lasts about a year where they are old enough to play with it, but aren't fussy about authenticity due to school yard politics. 

Are you looking for particular sets Surf, like a specific theme?

• Paid Members

I really fancied getting some of the Simpsons and Ghostbuster sets for myself, as I always find building the kids sets therapeutic. I just don't know if I can justify the prices that they cost for something that will probably end up broken up and mixed in with the kids stuff after 6 months...  

• Paid Members

I have never heard of Lepin before so Googled Lepin vs Lego and found this: https://brickset.com/article/23648/the-lego-group-takes-action-against-clone-brand-lepin

There are so many comments with people so happy that The Lego Company has decided to sue Lepin, it's weird.

Nice catch LEGO. Get rid of all that off-brand scum. I'm tired of having to sort through all the Lego's I buy for tyco and trash like that.

Archived