Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor didn't talk you through that stuff. The more I hear about it, the luckier I feel in regards to my doctor (ten years ago now, fuck). When they recommended medication it was with an acknowledgement of the side effects & the difficulty of weaning off, but at the same time pushing that it was a temporary measure while a spot with the counsellor opened up and the therapy could be effective.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What's the best thing for an endoscopy (tube down the throat)? What would you go for: sedation or no sedation? Cheers!

ADDED: Remember Ralphy. Don't mix your SSRI with St. John's Wort. Will cause Serotonin Syndrome which is horrible.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Out of curiosity, is Serotonin Syndrome the same as Serotonin Storm, i.e. a complete serotonin overload?

The Serotonin Storm sounds like a great name for an indy finisher. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Out of curiosity, is Serotonin Syndrome the same as Serotonin Storm, i.e. a complete serotonin overload?

I'm not a doctor. Just done a few Google searches. I think they are the same thing. You are right.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I'm not a doctor. Just done a few Google searches. I think they are the same thing. You are right.

Fair enough. Thanks for that!

I found a HD video of England against Brazil in the 2002 World Cup and the nerd in me marked out. I knew it had been recorded in HD, but hadn't seen it in this quality.

Does anyone know if there's more HD quality footage of old World Cups? I know there were trials for HD as far back as the 1990 World Cup.

This one's cool as well actually as it's in 60fps and 1080p

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I'm thinking of applying for the following: https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-digital-journalism/

I'm a bit puzzled by it being described as MA/Msc. Which is it? Is there a such thing as an MA/Msc?!

Reading the programme spec, it seems to be determined by the route you take through the course - MSc if you focus more on the tech element, MA if you focus more on the journalism element.

• Paid Members

Can anyone provide any tips on writing a personal statement in support of a masters application? There is one particular element that I'm not getting which is where I'm asked what the Intellectual rationale is for choosing my programme. There is a separate question where I'm asked how my academic background relates to my programme choice so I'm a bit confused about what they want for that first question.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Can anyone provide any tips on writing a personal statement in support of a masters application? There is one particular element that I'm not getting which is where I'm asked what the Intellectual rationale is for choosing my programme. There is a separate question where I'm asked how my academic background relates to my programme choice so I'm a bit confused about what they want for that first question.

It sounds like they want you to explain why you want to do the course, where you hope it'll take you, what you hope you will get out of it etc for the first question, where the second one about your academic background is why they should take you on for the course over someone else. So in effect why you want to do the course, and why they should let you have one of the places.

At the end of the day, unless you balls up your application totally you should at least get an interview for most MA courses, because if nothing else they want the revenue you'll bring them for doing it. If you're doing a related undegrad degree you should be fine.

Hope that helps in some way!

Archived