Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

I'm considering moving into a 1 bed flat in Cardiff, but the estate agents are asking for £312 tenant fees in total just for myself which sounds absolutely scandalous. Am I being taken for a ride or is that the norm?

We had viewings with an agency earlier this year where they wanted to charge us £300 each but "would do a deal for £500 for the both of us" so we fucked them off and got a way better house through another agency who only charged us £150 each.

On that note, check out Abraham Estates on Woodville Road. They're a bit small but I've found them way better to deal with than some of the chains.

Also have a look on OpenRent for private let's direct with landlords. You can apparently filter searches on Gumtree to landlord adverts but agencies still advertise using that tag so not guaranteed. Up until my last two houses, I've always rented direct through the landlord so dealing with agencies has been a nightmare in comparison.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I've had a look on OpenRent and Gumtree but can't find anything else that seems suitable, unfortunately. This place is perfect for what I need - it's a good price, it's 10 minute walk from the job I'm starting next week, gas is included in the rent, and they allow pets. It's just these admin fees which are a total con.

Part of the £312 is a £48 cost for them to register my deposit with a tenancy deposit scheme, which is a legal requirement.

• Moderators

Is there a word or phrase that describes when you're in your car with the music up and the image in your mirrors jumps when the bass knocks?

I find it oddly satisfying. Like a eq visualizer on your music player.

(Yes, I am aware I'm probably wrecking my hearing).

• Paid Members

Also more than acceptable.

There was a white van man going down our road at the start of the week really giving it the full lungs to Peaches by The Presidents Of The United States Of America. That was great.

27 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Also more than acceptable.

There was a white van man going down our road at the start of the week really giving it the full lungs to Peaches by The Presidents Of The United States Of America. That was great.

PEACHES COME FROM A CAN!!!

what a tune. I'm putting that on now full blast 

I was driving around like a twat in my work van blasting out Fight for Right by the Beastie Boys. I was out in the middle of nowhere, I wouldn't do it around town like some of the twunts blasting out shitty happy hardcore I heard earlier.

Archived